Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:
full

Hey jdizon! Are those fork cover in your drawing from Vintage Customs?

tumblr_mhv2gxcyGt1qcyj6ho1_500.jpg

Yeah they are hard to find in good shape and when you do they take you for every penny you got.

I just got my fairing in the other day waiting on the headlight then Ill get it mounted and post some pics.

Yeah no kidding.. I spent a $$ on the tank. Can't wait to see pics!

Picked up my frame and swingarm from the powder coaters. Frame is all bare. Last minute design change and mockup planned this weekend. Frame will need to get blasted/touched up again before powder.

full

full

the second tank option looks good. I agree, though, that it needs to be pushed up on the back bone, a bit, and maybe even moved back a hair. The back line of the tank flowing into the turndown of the backbone looks awesome in the drawing. Also, pushing the rear of the tank a bit higher helps the fairing and the top line of the tank flow quite nicely and gives it a more aggressive-at-a-stand-still look.

this build is helping formulate plans for my next build. inspiring, for sure.

big ups,
avenue.

the second tank option looks good. I agree, though, that it needs to be pushed up on the back bone, a bit, and maybe even moved back a hair. The back line of the tank flowing into the turndown of the backbone looks awesome in the drawing. Also, pushing the rear of the tank a bit higher helps the fairing and the top line of the tank flow quite nicely and gives it a more aggressive-at-a-stand-still look.

this build is helping formulate plans for my next build. inspiring, for sure.

big ups,
avenue.

Thanks Avenue :) I wish I could have the tank line up with the turndown of the backbone but the tank is pretty short. It's actually slightly longer than the peanut tank and would leave too much gap in the front. I'll try your suggestion and move it back a bit and up the backbone and see if I can achieve that aggressive-at-a-stand-still look :thumbsup: I'll post some pics.

Picked up my frame and swingarm from the powder coaters. Frame is all bare. Last minute design change and mockup planned this weekend. Frame will need to get blasted/touched up again before powder.

As long as you are working on the frame again, you can grind this tab off. It is only needed if you are using the stock ignition switch and fork lock. The head stock looks much cleaner without it. Your frame looks great otherwise.

Jim in Minnesota

Attachments

• user10472_pic11594_1361558657.jpg
    user10472_pic11594_1361558657.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 197
As long as you are working on the frame again, you can grind this tab off. It is only needed if you are using the stock ignition switch and fork lock. The head stock looks much cleaner without it. Your frame looks great otherwise.

Jim in Minnesota

Thanks for pointing that out Jim, I'll make sure to chop that tab off this weekend :)

I'm my own worst enemy on this build. Wishy washiness and to many last minute changes lol. Next build I hope turns out better.

Its just part of it, but its a lot easier to change know then after you get it together and go "well Sh*t" I wish I would've.....................................

Thanks Avenue :) I wish I could have the tank line up with the turndown of the backbone but the tank is pretty short. It's actually slightly longer than the peanut tank and would leave too much gap in the front. I'll try your suggestion and move it back a bit and up the backbone and see if I can achieve that aggressive-at-a-stand-still look :thumbsup: I'll post some pics.

even if you don't move it back, maybe just try lifting the rear of the tank so the top of fairing/top of the tank and backbone turndown/rear slop of tank are parallel.

also, the wheel combo on this project is slick.

avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back