Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
J,
I think that this tank needs to go on the Pocket Rocket frame. I think it looks much better then on the Hardtail frame.

Jim in Minnesota

J,
I think that this tank needs to go on the Pocket Rocket frame. I think it looks much better then on the Hardtail frame.

Jim in Minnesota

Thanks Jim! Made up my mind and going with that tank! Need to figure out mounting now :)

Going with the new tank? Its really grown on me..everytime I pop on instagram I like it more and more :thumbsup:

Yup my mind is made up this time lol. Something about it's odd-ball shape, thought it was going to be to wide and make the seat look weird but it's actually really narrow at 8" wide. Almost the same size as the peanut. Btw I really dig what you did with your tank and the yamaha badges. That ish is original man:thumbsup:

jdizon, how's your tank mount on the back? I saw the front tabs.

Removing the old tank mounts and installing this rubber mount kit.

rapidotankkit.jpg

Hey Jdizon,
The bike is looking really sharp, I'm digging the style.

I've been considering the Wiseguy swingarm kit for my XS but was wondering why he suggests the rear peg mounts need to be cut off? Is the bracing wider than the swinger? Otherwise how would it hit the peg mounts?

Any info would help me out as I want to keep the rear peg mounts so my girl can ride with me.

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
Hey Jdizon,
The bike is looking really sharp, I'm digging the style.

I've been considering the Wiseguy swingarm kit for my XS but was wondering why he suggests the rear peg mounts need to be cut off? Is the bracing wider than the swinger? Otherwise how would it hit the peg mounts?

Any info would help me out as I want to keep the rear peg mounts so my girl can ride with me.

Cheers,
Alex

Alex,

Brace is not any wider than the swingarm. I think it would work with the passenger peg but I couldn't confirm
Because I chopped mine off before installing the brace. Send joe an email on EBay, he's very responsive.

Cheers!
Johann

Since my tank sits pretty low on the frame it makes clearance a bit of an issue for the petcock I plan to use. Has anyone run a barb from the tank to an in-line petcock before? I plan to install a 3/8 NPT petcock bung with 3/8 barb to 5/16 fitting to a in-line petcock like this. I'm planning to run 2 or even 1 with a t-splitter for a cleaner look.

large_2789_kustomtech-brass-in-line-petcock-5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Johann,

I just hit him up.

Alex

Alex,

Brace is not any wider than the swingarm. I think it would work with the passenger peg but I couldn't confirm
Because I chopped mine off before installing the brace. Send joe an email on EBay, he's very responsive.

Cheers!
Johann

Hey jdizon, that petcock looks to be a damn nice piece. I bought a t fitting from a Banshee
that will work okay on mine, but I think a fitting in a y config would work better in the space we have to work with. IMO

Hey jdizon, that petcock looks to be a damn nice piece. I bought a t fitting from a Banshee
that will work okay on mine, but I think a fitting in a y config would work better in the space we have to work with. IMO

Yeah think I'll look for a y splitter. This is the configuration I plan to run.

Tank -- > 3/8 npt barb --> in-line petcock --> fuel filter --> y-splitter --> carbs

Johann

Sounds good to me. I started to run my fuel line and figured out the T was a little wider than I thought.It'll work just not ideal. Maybe later I'll run a Y for a cleaner look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back