Powdercoating

I would go ceramic it goes until 1500 degrees high temp powder only goes to about 500.
read up on powder365.com or caswell platings powder coating fourm

Powder coat some company's claim to have stuff that will withstand a 1000 degrees but it won't look very good for very long

Don't have first hand comparison, but from what I gather I think ceramic will dissapte heat a little more than high heat. They use the ceramic on headers and that is....hot!

Need some comparisons of "High Temp" vs "Ceramic"....looking at getting my exhaust done.

On the exhaust they use the ceramic to hold the heat in. This helps keep exhaust velocity up. They use header wrap for the same thing.
As far as which holds up better I can't help much there. I think the Ceramic costs more.
Sorry about the question earlier. Sometimes i don't read the titles as close as I should.

On the exhaust they use the ceramic to hold the heat in. This helps keep exhaust velocity up. They use header wrap for the same thing.
As far as which holds up better I can't help much there. I think the Ceramic costs more.
Sorry about the question earlier. Sometimes i don't read the titles as close as I should.

No sweat XSLeo...I plan on wrapping AND some sort of coating as they are kinda close to my battery, and was wondering basically, if the spray on DIY stuff was worth it vs powdercoating. (Based on first hand usages)

Attachments

• 5a88_3.jpg
    5a88_3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 160
Back