Project BOARDCHOP - Build Thread

Thanks Airwolfie! In terms of the tins, going with a split tank and might just polish the whole bike! Inspiration comes from this bike.

harley-ironhead-6.jpg

Sounds appropriate IMO too!! Looking GREAT Johann!!!

Can't wait to see the tins and pipes!!

I just had a little sex wee.........:hump:

That is NICE!!!

Do it! I don't think it has been done to an XS before!! I was going all bare metal on mine but I changed my mind! Yours would look good in it!!

You have some serious visions bro!!:thumbsup::bow2:

A few updates on BoardChop. Ground and smoothed out all the plug welds on frame. Looks like a one piece now. Axle Plate had to be widened to accept the Mr Lucky's 20mm to 3/4" harley axle. New spacers in and wheels centered. Installed rotor and sprocket.
I put on the mock motor and exhaust. I plan to go with a different exhaust however.
Also replace the front tire with matching Avon venom's.

full

full

Love your work - you should start your own shop or get a job with Deus....why was the pocket rocket thread closed..? wanted to see progress on that one.....

Thanks Pregrid! I appreciate it man. I've got big plans for this bike so stay tuned.

Just like me this bike just keeps lookin' better every day!

Thanks HotDog. Thanks for the good words. I'm still learning and I've got a long way to go if I ever decided to leave my day job. Right now I'm just having fun and enjoying the build process.

Btw I do still have pocket rocket and she's undergoing a few changes. I'll post some updates soon.

Love your work - you should start your own shop or get a job with Deus....why was the pocket rocket thread closed..? wanted to see progress on that one.....

Man that's cool jdizon! I really like those wheels. Any ideas on what finish you'll be using on the bike?
What exhaust design are you going with?

Very cool build thus far. I actually have had this same frame on order for some time, really psyched to see another bike being built up with one. Extremely jealous of that front end.

JD just looking at it I got a couple things to pass by you . In the past I used gsxr foot controls on a couple of my builds Small brake caliber and nice tight foot controls. This bike is clean and hate to see big clanky controls on this slim cool bike. Just my two cents. You CALLY Guys need to find someone to front this guy a shop. Its tough starting out and doing nice builds and also keeping your customers happy.
I told you before if you were here on the east cost I would hand you the keys to the shop and pay the rent just to watch HAHA. I have givin the keys away twice and both guys failed so my place sits until it warms up here and I start on my car.
JD keep choppin YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

Thanks guys! and Rich, really appreciate the good words and the support :) Thank you for the suggestions, I've been thinking about foot controls and never thought about using one from a sport bike. I am actually researching googling gsxr foot controls right now.

Johann

Back