question about foward controls?

shark1979

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i just installed my new foward controls from tc bros. i love them they make riding much more comfortable. IMO. i have on problem and i really dont know what to do. the vibration i feel through the foward control is a little much. i dont see a way to put any rubber bushing or washers in there to stop vibration. What have you guys done to solve this problem. Can you change the foot peg to a different one with some rubber in it? thanks for you info

you couldnt put some rubber in between the frame and the mounting plate? i used some innertube from my old tires to rubbermount my electrical bag. hasnt thrown a fuse yet.

Hmmm, I actually don't even notice it. Of course my hands are vibrating too much for me to even notice my feet.
I'm sure you could put some rubber in there as Cros36 said.
I put some thin rubber between any metal on metal parts to reduce wear.

I've just got my bike on the road again and yesterday went out for a short 30 mile loop. The vibration on the forward controls was so bad that my feet slowly worked there way to the outside of the pegs and then would slip off.:doh:

I felt like I was holding my legs up in the air the whole time.:banghead: Is this what others are experiencing as well or have you found a way to solve this? Are you pegs tilted up at the ends so that your feet vibrate towards the bike?

i fabricated a round stock bar on the inside of tc bros. forward control ,goes from shifter to brake side . very solid forward controls now an this is on a ridgid

Why don't you try to get used to it a bit, then complain about it.

Might be able to fit a polyurethane bushing in the inside or on the out using a longer screw, but I don't know.

I've just got my bike on the road again and yesterday went out for a short 30 mile loop. The vibration on the forward controls was so bad that my feet slowly worked there way to the outside of the pegs and then would slip off.:doh:

I felt like I was holding my legs up in the air the whole time.:banghead: Is this what others are experiencing as well or have you found a way to solve this? Are you pegs tilted up at the ends so that your feet vibrate towards the bike?

are all your motor mounts tight? exhaust tight? are your carbs synched?

My forward are out there but not even close to hitting the front tire. No worries.

Cros36 - My carbs are synched, mounts tight and exhaust is on tight. BUT since I have to rip into it for a rear tire clearance issue and exhaust I'll be going over every inch again. As it doesn't sound like what I am experiencing is within normal range.

just put mine on today, running the mag/disc on rear, how do you connect brake to master? to frame- pedal arm is out there a bit I imagine I will need to fab a bracket to catch rod somehow?

had a set of f/ward tc bro controls on a stock xs650 (not rephrased) for a while and didn't exsperiance vibration to the level your talking about , id be looking else where ,something doesn't sound right

Back