RD350 info request

Vincenthdfan

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there all you bung-ada-bung fans.

I know there are several of you RD350 owners, past owners and enthusiasts lurking in here. Do any of you all happen to have a preferred RD350 Forum you frequent(ed)?

This forum has me spoiled with the depth of knowledge available and I'd kinda like (hope?!) to find one like it on RD350's.

Does one exist? I've found the aircooled site in England and such, but was wondering if there were any stateside at all?

Fwiw, you're not gonna find a forum like this one for any other bike.

What he said,
IMG_2062.jpeg

I’ve joined a bunch of them over the years and never seen the level of activity or helpfulness I’ve seen here. 😉

I couldn't agree more regarding this forum.

Its the best I've ever been on and the wealth of information is endless...as quickly evidenced by the overwhelming number of bookmarks I have saved on any and all subjects.

Im always saying..."Oh man, I need to squirrel that tidbit away for possible future use!". :laugh:

Yup. What they both said haha.

There is a rd350 group on Facebook although I couldn’t tell you if it’s good or not as I don’t have a Facebook.

I’ve found the best I could do when hunting for stuff is the archives of the rd air cooled forums and piece things together.

Or google what I’m looking for and put the word forum at the end and it usually gave me results from forum pages.

Word your searches in as many ways as you can.

Check facebook. Facebook has groups for most bikes, there's sure to be a few for the RD..

There are dozens for the XS650, US based, UK based, OZ based, Plus a few others. The XS is a very popular classic probably the most popular. Most of the facebook groups are very good.

I started an OIF Triumph group a few years ago, but when I welcomed other brands, the members were incensed and most left the group to start their own. Brand loyalty is ridiculously strong with bikes.

Facebook is without equal for groups on pretty well anything.

I Admin a few I started up, including one on my 74 TX650 build in which I've documented everything I've built for it.

So, if you can't find one to your liking, start one up. Very easy to do,on facebook.

Fwiw, you're not gonna find a forum like this one for any other bike.
So true!

Years back actually before facebook in the dark ages when mailing lists were the latest thing going. I was on a mailing list for Sportsters that was almost as good as this site. Biggest problem was it was text only, but people all over the world but mainly in the USA. In a round about way that mailing list got me to this forum!

Like this group if you had a problem there was probably someone with a solution for it. That group eventually went through some changes and now the only things I can find for Sportsters online are more interested in the latest bobble to hang on their bike.

Now nothing wrong with bobbles there are some here as well but that is not the be all and end all by a long shot!

I didn't join any of the sites for the RD. Just googled questions and searched for the best answer. Didn't find any dedicated sites. Delivered my Rd to its new owner on Monday
Was he duly thrilled with it?

I have a video appointment on a 75 RD350 this evening...we'll see how it goes, but Im pretty excited about it so far. ;) 🤞

Are parts as available as they are for the XS650 for the RD bikes?
I have been eyeballing a local RD200. I swear I'd probably clean it up get it working well, then get rid of it within a year and not to make $ on it.

Are parts as available as they are for the XS650 for the RD bikes?
I have been eyeballing a local RD200. I swear I'd probably clean it up get it working well, then get rid of it within a year and not to make $ on it.

A bit less for the 200 vs 250/350 but a little searching on eBay will usually bring up anything your after (unless it’s an expansion chamber).

My 200 is bone stock from 75 and never had the motor opened up. Runs like a champ still.

Great.
I upgraded to 2 cycle RC airplanes in 1997 and the word was fly and forget. The engines never needed any attention and would work in the spring time, That was until Ethanol fuel and then all the carbs & fuel lines hardened up over time. I have 3 in my stables that need carb & fuel lines. We finally started discovering ethanol stable fuel lines I think about 5 years ago.
Cause they are not that hard, I was rebuilding carbs every winter until they finally started having Eth free gas available around here.

A bit less for the 200 vs 250/350 but a little searching on eBay will usually bring up anything your after (unless it’s an expansion chamber).
Just about all the engine rebuild stuff for my little 200 came from Ebay. Rings and bearing and such are still available.

Back