Rear Disk Upgrade

Ozboy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just finished my front Disk Upgrade by putting a lighter drilled Disk on. Ditched the dual disk for single Disk and Brembo. So now I am looking for something on the rear that bolts on. Keeping stock calipers but lighter drilled rotors would be nice. I have done a search but nothing yet. I know they are 267mm. Anyone done one and know of one?
Cheers

IMG_0082.jpg
I've done it.
I used a rear caliper holder from an XS1100. I had to modify the brake stay mount a little and use some spacers but it went together fine.
Mine's a little odd since I also have the XS500 rear wheel.

Do you have a disc on the rear now? If so just drill what you have with a pattern to match the front.
There are not many disc rear wheels that are a straight up bolt in. The XS650 disc cast wheel is about the only that is. Most others need some mods to work.
If on a stock bike it's not work the work. Just tune up the drum brake.
On a bike that has been hardtailed then the swap isn't so bad. Hardtails can be altered to fit a wider wheel easier than the stock swingarms and have more room to mount the M/C.
Leo

Awesome thanks gggGary looks good and it may work. Shipping kills me down here but I can start searching.

Back