1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Rear Disk Upgrade

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ozboy, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Just finished my front Disk Upgrade by putting a lighter drilled Disk on. Ditched the dual disk for single Disk and Brembo. So now I am looking for something on the rear that bolts on. Keeping stock calipers but lighter drilled rotors would be nice. I have done a search but nothing yet. I know they are 267mm. Anyone done one and know of one?
    Cheers

arcticXS likes this.
  2. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

North GA
    IMG_0082.jpg I've done it.
    I used a rear caliper holder from an XS1100. I had to modify the brake stay mount a little and use some spacers but it went together fine.
    Mine's a little odd since I also have the XS500 rear wheel.

gggGary and Mailman like this.
  3. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Wow very nice!

4. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Guru Top Contributor

5. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Do you have a disc on the rear now? If so just drill what you have with a pattern to match the front.
    There are not many disc rear wheels that are a straight up bolt in. The XS650 disc cast wheel is about the only that is. Most others need some mods to work.
    If on a stock bike it's not work the work. Just tune up the drum brake.
    On a bike that has been hardtailed then the swap isn't so bad. Hardtails can be altered to fit a wider wheel easier than the stock swingarms and have more room to mount the M/C.
    Leo

6. Mike G

Mike G Mike G

I used one from a Maxim, it’s 5mm thick vs 7mm stock and slotted so much lighter.

[​IMG]

gggGary likes this.
  7. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Nice one thanks.

8. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Awesome thanks gggGary looks good and it may work. Shipping kills me down here but I can start searching.

gggGary likes this.