Rear fender question...

Thanks for the videos tip! I'm going to have to hunt those up and have a look. Winter is coming. When I can't ride, I might have to create a few bits.

TC

Tee, if you come up with something that is steel and needs welded, let me know. Thats within my scope. I can weld and completely finish the fender if you wish. I made a fender that almost touched the ground in the rear for a Vulcan I used ti own. Ended up making it from two fenders. Once it was done and I painted it, it looked like it was stamped that way.

Well T Cat I'm still going to try to talk you out of the change. Go to page 2 of your photos look at side shot down at the bottom of the page in front of the fence. The curve of the rear fender matches the tire and is symetrical with the front. It's perfect and perfection is hard to improve on. Thats why I love your bike, every thing you have done complements the other and the lines flow together. I think you should do a template and look at it. I don't know how well a light gauge piece of alum. would hold up with the vibration never worked with JB weld. There might be some race car shops close by to do the bead roll. :thumbsup:

Pete - Thanks very much for the offer, especially since you're fairly local. As to the fender that you're referring to, I think you may have a pic of that bike here. and if it's the one I'm thinking of, that was one masterful piece of work! Beautiful! (Incidentally, at some point we'll have to meet up, not only for Ss & Gs and bike stuff, but also for Mustang talk. I have that back halfed '85 GT that just sits under a cover in the garage and has not been run in about five years or more. I took the tags off of it a couple years ago, and had a little boo-boo with the left mirror butt of my Ninja 250R and put a nice crease down the right door and front fender. Made me almost physically ill. :( Can't even bear to look at it. :( I bought the car new and am retiring in the spring, so I'll need to decide what I'm going to do with it.)

scabber/John - Man, you and my wife must be channeling or something. She said the same thing! "You're going to booger it up! Leave it!" :( I suppose I have been looking at the bike so long that maybe I need to take a fresh look from your (and her) perspective. So it's possible that making a cardboard mock up might burst the bubble. I think I'll at least do that this weekend, and I really appreciate your compliments, because I'm just muddlin' through... :p

TC

Well thats the poblem when you finish a project looking for somehing else to do with it. That's when the boogering starts the weather is going to clear up this week end I hate rain I WANNA ride. Make the template look at it ride it weekend it's been a long project. You can pull the motor this winter and look at cam chain guide if you need something to do. :D

Last edited:
Well that the poblem when you finish a project looking for somehing else to do with it. That' when the boogering starts the weather is going to clear up this week end I hate rain I WANNA ride. Make the template look at it ride it weekend it's been a long project. You can pull the motor this winter and look at cam chain guide if you need something to do. :D

John, that's funny as hell, but it's true! :p

You wanna talk about major boogering, though? That'll be if I ever have to go into that motor... you'll hear me cryin' the blues all the way over in Delaware! :p

Good weather coming this weekend, I hope. I hope to get some good pics of her somewhere other than in the yard. :p

TC

Back