Rear Suspension Question

Radley MFG

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all. New to the boards and riding in general. Just purchased my first bike, a beautiful 1980 XS650.
As a short rider I am working on reshaping and upholstering the seat but wanted to drop the ass end also for a flatter foot.

Recently ordered some Honda Rebel Shocks 10.5 after reading around on the board. After taking the original shocks off I am coming into an issue with the bottom eyelets of the shocks fitting back into the bottom slot to bolt on. I attached some photos. Any advice or tips/tricks are appreciated. Thought I'd ask before I get impatient and pull out a hammer :D

Attachments

• IMG_3815.JPG
    IMG_3815.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 179
Could be the welded tab has been sucked in slightly. I know of at least one idiot out there that did that....:rolleyes:
Since the paint is already boogered on it, a 12" crescent wrench will pull it out nicely.
Welcome to the forum! Whereabouts in KC are you? I'm up in Gladstone.

Appreciate the reply guys and welcome. Im gonna go ahead and bend it out like the advice above and I'll update. Im getting some clearance issues on the chain gaurd so gonna remove. Removed the back end bolt but looks like there is another bolt or attachment somewhere. Advice on this would be appreciate as well!

Could be the welded tab has been sucked in slightly. I know of at least one idiot out there that did that....:rolleyes:
Since the paint is already boogered on it, a 12" crescent wrench will pull it out nicely.
Welcome to the forum! Whereabouts in KC are you? I'm up in Gladstone.
What up @JimD54 I'm in Prairie Village and Downtown area. Glad to see another KC folk on the forum!

Yes, there's another chain guard mounting bolt on the front inner side, into the top of the swingarm. But you may not be able to get at it with the wheel and fender in place.

LnQ5380.jpg

Back