Remote Controlled XS650

Something I thought of and wonder if it's happened at all. What if you forget (as I often do) and leave the bike in gear, it would take off no? Hs this happened at all?

Just had another thought negating my first. You don't have a kill switch so you have to put it in neutral to get off it. Makes sense.

Thanks, guys.

Detale:
The starter solenoid is grounded by the neutral safety switch that's on the LH side of the motor. If it's not in neutral, it's not going to engage the starter. Also, the ignition is one of the remote buttons. Instead of turning a kill switch, all I have to do is hit the button on the remote and the bike shuts down. I put an LED on that channel and it peeks out of the box, so I know when the ignition is on or not.

Howry:
You can use those remotes for just about anything. The one you mentioned seems to be a remote start/alarm type. I'm not too familiar with that one. I went with a Logisys 4Ch remote setup and it's fantastic and easy to setup.

Also, here's a 1Ch that I got the other day (not Logisys) for the air suspension on my Road Star. Check out the size of this thing...
3-24.jpg

Chef:
Here's one of the intake. There are a few others in the Photo Album. http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/777/

full

Rich

so, once you got the bike started and you're on it and riding, do you just clip the remote to some place on the bike and let it dangle? it seems like hitting the 'kill switch' mid ride, or in the case of an emergency, would be quite hard if the remote is in your pocket or is dangling off some part of the bike.

have you done anything to address this?

so, once you got the bike started and you're on it and riding, do you just clip the remote to some place on the bike and let it dangle? it seems like hitting the 'kill switch' mid ride, or in the case of an emergency, would be quite hard if the remote is in your pocket or is dangling off some part of the bike.

have you done anything to address this?

Here's what the remote looks like. It's got a slide cover over it, so you wouldn't be able to accidentally shut the bike off while you're riding.

$(KGrHqUOKo4E6(edjj(uBOqcJHB,PQ~~60_35.jpg

In all my years of riding, I don't think I've ever had to kill a bike, while it was rolling, due to an emergency. At least not faster than I can reach into my vest pocket.

Rich

what about, say, you're on the highway on a long trip and its getting to be dusk. would you just reach into your pocket to turn on the lights while you were going 60mph? I suppose you'd have to pull over quickly to get them on?

awesome idea nonetheless.

what about, say, you're on the highway on a long trip and its getting to be dusk. would you just reach into your pocket to turn on the lights while you were going 60mph? I suppose you'd have to pull over quickly to get them on?

awesome idea nonetheless.

Thanks, man.

Long trip on a hard tail XS? :yikes: No, just grab the remote and hit the button. You wouldn't have to stop as long as you can get to the remote. Just like if you had a toggle within reach.

I hooked all lights to a separate channel (headlight, taillight, brake light & horn). Once the bike is started, I'd typically turn on the lights (even during the day). I don't ride without them being on...

Rich

Looks good to me. Going to check out the Ballistic batteries. While I'm not looking to replicate the whole remote control setup, I am interested in a good quality small battery for my current XS650 cafe. I have an AGM battery that works well now but it's a bit big and heavy for where I have it located and would like something more compact. Kick only, so I don't need much.

Back