REPETE'S 650B Preservation

You can also lap the filter material a bit and "sew" it together using fishing line.

Well, my sourced left air box arrived. I'm very happy with the overall condition even though I will sandblast and paint regardless.
And there was a bonus! It came with a complete filter (still usable, although I wouldn't), the "silencer foam" still intact and usable (although I won't) and also the air cleaner "crossover" joint rubber connector and securing spring - both of which I was missing.
I'm really pleased that I can cross all that off my list - and then add on a future "sub-project" of rebuilding air filters onto the the three skeletal frames I now have for no reason other than to see how well I can do it. :umm:
Getting real close to the finish line on this one.
Onward!

Pete

Just a note - that filter element in the later plastic airbox isn't the same as your earlier one. They won't swap.

That filter was with the loose parts I got and if it is correct for the later model plastic air box it’ll be useless to me.
I’ll send it along to whomever takes advantage of my offer to gift that later year plastic air box.
So far, no takers.

Pete

Last edited:
Back