Right now I'm listening to...

The right length to go to sleep on, but ends before rem sleep so no nightmares about 18th century,

The best motorcycling song ever...End of the Line by the Travelling Wilburys.

Dammit, first Roy, and now Tom.

PRF

I thought George was first? Then Roy and now Tom..

I'm guessing I'm not the only one listening to a Tom Petty playlist today. Damn his death really bums me out. I love this song, and I really like the clever video also.

Skunk Baxter on guitar with an amazing Donald Fagan sound-alike. Skunk breaking out of dotage here. He was a member of Steely Dan, and is responsible for the idea behind the Aegis missile defense system (really). What a rich life.

Having been in Maine last week vacationing, and then sick with a cold, I tuned out of The News for a whole week. And there are other reasons to turn away from whats going on in this country.
While on my long trip to Maine, I took three audiobooks, and four Tom Petty CD's, as his music always energizes me and gets me thinking and feeling. There was one point on thursday or friday when I recalled how old he is, and that some day it will be his time, like Roy's, and eventually my own.
And then I just now read the news.
Petty is a musician, like Jackson Browne, Greg Allman, John Hiatt, and Richard Thompson, who I've been listening to continuously through my life.

I still have my vinyl copy :)
P
I had amassed a huge record collection during the 60's and 70's. At the age of 18 I took a job in another town, far enough away that I had to move there. After a few weeks I came back for my record collection, I went to my old room and they were gone, my mother had cleaned out my room and hauled my records out to the garage to store them. In Phoenix Az our summers are crazy hot and garages are like ovens. I went out to find my records all looked like wavy Lays potato chips!
image.gif

P
I had amassed a huge record collection during the 60's and 70's. At the age of 18 I took a job in another town, far enough away that I had to move there. After a few weeks I came back for my record collection, I went to my old room and they were gone, my mother had cleaned out my room and hauled my records out to the garage to store them. In Phoenix Az our summers are crazy hot and garages are like ovens. I went out to find my records all looked like wavy Lays potato chips!
View attachment 107060
Painful. :eek:

My mother did some things with my stuff without my knowledge/permission too. I was a young adult at the time. And, not there to defend my stuff. Both times.It still makes me cringe to think of them.

Last edited:
I brought up that idea at the dinner table one evening and that led to what my dad referred to as a “frank and open” discussion.

Back