right side miss fire, cold exhaust?

volcom8877

reckless and relentless
Reaction score
i am stuck. ive done everything that im suppose to. I checked the cam chain then the valves then the timing and now the carbs (bs34's) and its still acting up when its below 2000 rpm but once i open it up she runs great i just can figure out why the right side is miss firing and the exhaust is cold. any idea's whats going on beside what ive already did?

thanks.

i have unifilters and open pipes on and 81' with bs34's pretty much stock every where else.

..... or way out of sync. One side may be effectively shut off at idle and doesn't kick in until you open the throttle.

Have you tried swapping plugs to prove that is not an issue? Have the carbs been cleaned? Have you done a compression test? When you pull the plug from the cylinder not firing is is wet with gas?

The carbs were just cleaned, the compression is good, there is no oil on the plug. They are tan in color with a little black. Where on the carb is the rubber plug located?

It goes over the pilot jet. Mikes XS sells them under the pilot jet section. You just push them in place.

Click on "Tech"..................go down to "Carbs" section............click on first post.

On the BS34's, you must have a rubber plug. It forces the fuel to flow first through the main jet and then through the pilot jet. If its missing or passing, the carb will not draw fuel correctly.

I don't have BS34's, but on my BS38's there is no need for the rubber plug as the float bowl is cast so as to route the fuel flow through the main jet first and then to the pilot.

Back