safty relay bypass?

justwannaride

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Im wondering what this mess might be did someone try to bypass the sidestand relay? If so what are the black/white and black wires for?

Attachments

• 1428861894191.jpg
    1428861894191.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 252
Yes that's a side stand bypass. If the relay is unplugged it does the same thing. Looks like the relay is gone, so just make sure the black /white and red/white are insulated so they can't touch grounded metal.

Ok thankyou ....would you happen to know if my neutral light not coming on would have anything to do with me not getting any spark I have an 83

Ok I have a new battery and I get power everywhere I was thinking mabey my bluish greenish wire running from the neutral switch or the switch itself was bad... would that cause a no spark situation?

After a closer look at the wiring you have, it appears the black/white is jumpered to the black wire. That grounding of the black white wire kills the TCI board i.e. no spark.

Remove all those jumpers and insulate the red/white and black/white as I mentioned before, and you should then have spark..

So disconnecting the jumpers.... do I keep the solid black and the blu/yellow conected together and cap off the red/white and black/white wires seperately with insulation?

Last edited:
Solid black wire should be a ground.....blue/yellow (off the top of me head) I believe is a lighting wire. Don't connect any black wires to any colored wires.

Volt/ohm meter and a manual is in order.

The blue/yellow comes from my sidestand switch and also seems to be split into baby blue wire..black/white goes to ignitor unit, and the red/white comes from all over

So disconnecting the jumpers.... do I keep the solid black and the blu/yellow conected together and cap off the red/white and black/white wires seperately with insulation?

Read what I said in post #6.................disconnect all jumpers.

Edit: You have started 4 threads today, all more or less on the same thing...............electrical problems.
You should have just continued with one thread. It gives everyone some continuity, much less confusing.

Last edited:
Back