See through oil tank - need more info

BigJimmyW13

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Stevensons_oil_tank.jpg

I'm looking at making an oil tank similar to this or buying it if the price is right... Anyone have any info on it? I'm on my phone. And it came up in image results

PS I know most of you guys in here don't deal with separate oil tanks much...

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Thanks man. Holy shit though. $900 is f'n steep. Guess I'm gonna be looking at attempting fanning one myself. Anyone have any suggestions? What kind of glass do you use for that?

Posted via Mobile

Yeah the network here is terribly slow but that is the one linked. And I got my XS650 as a runner cheaper than the 900 they want for that thing ;)

I mean it's nice and Harley guys pay premium but that still seems a bit high to me....

From their product page....

"The fully polished stainless steel oil tank features ¼ inch tempered glass sealed with Viton o-rings"

Plus looks likes Fabricator Kevin might have some insight also...

"With some prototype parts from Fabricator Kevin, they made their idea a reality."

No worries. Browsing on the phone with their page and it's long text prob not the easiest.

I really do like the look of the part and and know with R&D and machining that they have a lot invested but 900 just hard to swallow...wish I had more ideas for you on how to do it....would like to see the progress if you do try!

Back