Seeking acorn nut size for passenger foot peg/muffler studs

patch-rik

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So this is a stupid reason for my rearset setup being delayed but I can't bolt on my rearset mounting plate because I cannot figure out the nut size and thread pitch I need for these studs. They're not any m10 size/threading. I'm stumped. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2013-08-16_20-34-47-picsay.jpg
    2013-08-16_20-34-47-picsay.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 320
I remember they're 17mm wrench size, and finer pitch than the ss ones I once bought for the job.

The size is part of the part number. You can go to an online dealer and look up the part number on their fiche.

The problem is I don't have any of those particular nuts to look up a number on and no place to start looking up a part number. I don't even know exactly what those studs were originally for.

Also - what you have circled in the pic is for the bracket for the rider pegs. Not passenger pegs or muffler bracket. It looks like the person you bought the bike from has been using the passenger pegs himself, with an extension on the shift mechanism to a lever back there.

I actually have a thread gauge, nothing is matching up. Or i should say, m10x1 ,1.25, and 1.50 are not matches. The fiche clears things up though, Thanks

If you don't get an answer I'll try to check it out tomorrow with my gauge. But your might as well order the nuts from that site. You won't find chrome ones that fit any cheaper. Not a bad price really. Or if you find the brackets and pegs on ebay they might come with the nuts.

In some places on this bike you'll find hardware store nuts that do fit but they're a larger wrench size than stock. The original wrench size/bolt size combination are Japanese standard of some kind I think. Neither here nor there in this case; just sayin.

Rider footrest studs are M10 x 1.25 standard fine thread.
Passenger footrest/exhaust studs are M12 x 1.25 super fine thread (harder to find).

Seems you have it sorted now but thought it might help.

Rider footrest studs are M10 x 1.25 standard fine thread.
Passenger footrest/exhaust studs are M12 x 1.25 super fine thread (harder to find).

Seems you have it sorted now but thought it might help.

The 12 X 1.25 is a truly rare thing to run across nowadays. Order them, you won't find them on the shelf anywhere.

Back