Self Cancelling Turn Signals

Not read Through nor seen the instructions
But if Installed After / Downstream the ignition main Switch
Which most things are as Jim # 16
It is turned off and don't consume power .. Apologize if I have misunderstood
Great point Jan, it comes prewired with a battery maintainer plug on it, you can just plug it in to your existing maintainer plug or it also includes one if you don’t have one, you certainly can wire it to any switched power as well.

Not read Through nor seen the instructions
But if Installed After / Downstream the ignition main Switch
Which most things are as Jim # 16
It is turned off and don't consume power .. Apologize if I have misunderstood

I didn’t know if the the switch turned off the voltmeter. If the voltmeter was left on, I wondered how much if a drain there would be. If the switch turns everything off, that would be good.

I didn’t know if the the switch turned off the voltmeter. If the voltmeter was left on, I wondered how much if a drain there would be. If the switch turns everything off, that would be good.
The switch turns off the meter and the two USB ports. the wire is lamp cord with strain reliefs and molded maintainer plug on the end. It also has a quick release to take it off the mount quickly. I'll check the current draw of the meter when I get a chance.

Good point, basically the timer needs to be in line between the power for the turn signals and the switch and isn’t going to have a separate, switched 12 volts to turn it on. It has a separate ground for the output, if the relay will power up using the switched ground, it may still work. We’ll see.
I have spent a little time with the wiring diagram, easiest way I see is to add one more flasher, 1 for left, 1 for right (I use electronic ones that are not load dependent), move those to the headlight bucket, put the timer in where the flasher currently sits. Not sure if that gives me the continuous ground I need to keep the timer running while the blinkers are blinking, We'll see, those flashers are grounded independently because, like the timer, they need constant 12 volts, even when the bulb is flashing, when the ground would be alternating between the load of the bulbs and the ground from the 3-pin plug.

Last edited:
Back