show me your DRILLED left engine motor stator cover

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for pics of your RANDOM drill pattern.
Below is one I did a long time ago, but it has a regular pattern. I'm looking for a random pattern, one that misses all of the cast reinforcing ribs on the back side of the cover. Thanks.

LeftClose.jpg

TC Bros did their green bike with a few holes in it, similar to what you've already shown except less holes. I've also seen one where the guy drilled holes around the magnet area that looked kinda cool, can't remember where I saw it tho. I think you should just grab a spare left side cover and a step drill bit and go to town. :shrug:

Thanks for the responses.
fox23: I looked at the drilled green TC Bros cover, it's okay, but on the mundane side.
The cover with the drilled holes around the magnet area is by a member of this forum. He also drilled the smaller round stator cover. here are the pics:
full

full

However, I don't think allowing water and dirt to get into the alternator area is a good idea. Even though the left side engine cover is the "dry side" cover, Yamaha gave it a gasket, and the purpose of that gasket is not to keep oil in, it is to keep water and leaking oil out of the alternator area. Water and electricity don't mix well.

Black22 and pereiracycles: Thanks for the pics, that's just what I was looking for. I really like the use of multiple hole sizes.
I know there are more out there, let's see them...

Back