So. In a matter of hours...

That's be frightening, yeah?! :p Oh, the horror! The two wheeled aberrations! :D

TC

I think it's a wonderful idea - I like your bike :thumbsup:
I am excited by one day retiring. My plan is 55 (12 years from now), my financial advisor has tacked another 10 years onto that however. I don't like my advisor much. :laugh:

Enjoy your retirement and your freedom!

Doug

Most finance guys can can only count the money that you are going to give them, not the stuff you get to keep! a Lawyer's cousin is a banker!

Congratulations on your retirement. Now you can work on whatever you want to at your leisure.

My father retired a few years ago. Then went back to work three or four months later. Of course, he doesn't call it employment now. He says he's "just doing contract work". But they are all one to two year contracts.

Now everything scary begins--

You get the chance to do anything, like ya had before but now there is nowhere else to be, or do!

ride your bike(s) across the country and beyond. all of them.

know you have a couch to crash when in TX.

enjoy,
avenue.

Most finance guys can can only count the money that you are going to give them, not the stuff you get to keep! a Lawyer's cousin is a banker!

being a card totin' Texas lawyer I take offense to you linkin' my profession to those scally-wag bankers! It is possible to have a lawyer on YOUR side not so with them thieves in the lending trade.

Guys, thanks so much for the wishes. My first Saturday as a retired guy... off to Myrtle Beach with the wifey for her conference. Gotta see if one of my fixed gear bicycles will fit in the rental car. :)

Will keep you all posted on my doin's. :)

TC

Yeah baby! I retired (or rather GOT retired) 'bout 18 months ago. Never really planned for retirement (read put NO money away) and yet somehow we're doin' just fine. If social security ever folds we're fucked but until then Woo Hoo! Best thing that ever happened to me. Welcome brotha!!

Congrats on your retirement TeeCat ! I retired in the spring of 2007, I bought myself a new Yamaha and started a rider's group. I never looked back. To this day, I'll never know how I had time to work a 40 hour week.

Congrats on your retirement TeeCat ! I retired in the spring of 2007, I bought myself a new Yamaha and started a rider's group. I never looked back. To this day, I'll never know how I had time to work a 40 hour week.

Ain't that the fuckin' truth?

HAHAAAAAGH!! :p Thanks once again, all you guys... a second round! :p Say... this thread is cookin'! :)

My wife is at a conference here in Myrtle Beach, SC, so I'm here piggybackin'. :p I just got off the beach with my guitar... guess I better get cleaned up now. :) But yeah... this is gonna suck... NOT!!!! :D

Cheers from TC in "Margaritaville". :p Now, where's my large shaker o' salt?! :p

Back