some wiring diagrams

14-16 for most, I think. Some is fine with 18. If you match the thickness coming off the stock components with nice new wire of same thickness I would think that would be fine.
Or? experts will weigh in shortly, I bet. :)
welcome to this forum, btw.

Thanks for the quick replies. Next question, I have 2 wires coming from the left side points and 2 wires coming out of the condenser. On my stock wiring harness it seems that there is just 2 wires with a dual female conector on the end. Do both wires from the points connect to one wire and both wires from the condenser to the other? I don’t think they would reach to plug one of each into the dual femal ends.

I don't think this option has been covered- kick only with OEM electronic ignition-

1981simplifiedwiring.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies. Next question, I have 2 wires coming from the left side points and 2 wires coming out of the condenser. On my stock wiring harness it seems that there is just 2 wires with a dual female conector on the end. Do both wires from the points connect to one wire and both wires from the condenser to the other? I don’t think they would reach to plug one of each into the dual femal ends.
yes one set of points and one condenser wire, the condenser "smooths" out the spark (so to speak) and prevents arcing and burnt points

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 339
No. Your '75 has a points ignition, so the ignition side of things will be different. If I recall correctly, the charging side of things never really changed significantly, so the brown wire should be the same. With that said, there are ten pages of schematics and commentary in this thread- one of them will be for your era bike. Look through here and you will find it.

I think I've reached the level of clinical obsession with eliminating wires. Here is another one, this time using a PMA / Pamco with a breaker instead of a fuse and a capacitor instead of a battery.

SimplifiedwiringPMAandhalleffectignition.jpg

Darn Firerunner your good. I need one with PMA, Pamco, rephase (dual coils I think), LED turn signals (thin wires), High beam indicator, turn signal indicator, neutral indicator, battery, horn. All with the appropriate wire gauge recomendation and common wire colors. Asking a lot aren't I. I figure it won't hurt to try.

Brian

I can do that. Just send me one of each of those components so I can properly illustrate them. ;)

I think I've reached the level of clinical obsession with eliminating wires. Here is another one, this time using a PMA / Pamco with a breaker instead of a fuse and a capacitor instead of a battery.

SimplifiedwiringPMAandhalleffectignition.jpg

I've got a 77 that I'm installing one of Hugh's PMA kits on. I'm wanting to keep the original points ignition, and I'm wanting to simplify the wiring. What would have to change on this with the points?

And my bike has 2 coils....

Back