Sparx capacitor

check voltage at cap.when on idel hows your headlight when ideling is it flickering? does it get briter when hi r rpms?

the best thing to do is put a battery where the cap is temperarly and see if it goes away if the problem is still there it's a mechanical problem

The Accel at 50,000 uf didn't work for me where the Sparkx did at 4,700 uf. I don't know why. Has anyone posted what kind of numbers you should see coming from the PMA and also from the reg/rec?

jefft

The Accel at 50,000 uf didn't work for me where the Sparkx did at 4,700 uf. I don't know why. Has anyone posted what kind of numbers you should see coming from the PMA and also from the reg/rec?

jefft

There is only a very limited amount of time to charge up the capacitor when you kick it. A larger capacitor takes longer to charge, so it could be that the voltage on the cap never gets high enough to run the ignition.

Thanks for the reply. I payed 3 times as much for the Accel. The Sparkx is great.
jefft

I was wondering if anyone knows why a bike runs boggy when using a capacitor (sparx)
I'm thinking of trying again. I'm running a tail and headlight. When I had it going it sounded like it was dying.

I was wondering if anyone knows why a bike runs boggy when using a capacitor (sparx)
I'm thinking of trying again. I'm running a tail and headlight. When I had it going it sounded like it was dying.

Batteries are a chemical device, and have the ability to store a source of current.
Batteries can then release that current as needed, when the alternator cannot supply current such as at idle conditions.

Capacitors are not chemical devices, and cannot store a source of current. Capacitors are voltage devices, and are very good at filtering varible voltages, but are poor at supplying current.

Your bike needs current to operate things.

fair enough, I appreciate the input. I guess for me it's more about finding a place to store a big ass battery. But the shoria is quite the hefty amount to dish out

fair enough, I appreciate the input. I guess for me it's more about finding a place to store a big ass battery. But the shoria is quite the hefty amount to dish out

Well, I like a "big ass" battery. I use a Canadian Tire 14 amp/hr lead/acid battery, and it works great. Cost me around $75.00, and worth every penny.

In my opinion, don't skimp on brakes, electrical/charging system or ignition. That's what gives you safety and reliability.

Back