Steady Eddie

Here ya go

122_0412_Lawson_09z%2bYamaha_XS650%2bRight_Side_Driver_View.jpg

Looking at that shot of Kenny Roberts, I gotta wonder what they done with their boot laces. Double knots? Tuck them in? Tape them over? I doubled, tucked, and taped mine in the helicopter in the Army. Nothing worse than eating the deck tripping on your shoelace when you're in a hurry! I tuck my laces these days. It sucks to hang a shoelace on the shift lever. Wonder who's frames those are? The cross bar on the downtubes is a good bit lower on the KR bike. Looks like they are wider too, but that could be an optical illusion with the high VS low pipes.

I was looking at that front mount too, engine looks like a 70-71, I am sure the frame is a dirt track specific custom like a trackmaster or who ever was building frames back in those days.

Looks like a long bolt through the front engine mount hole, a tube spacer either side, out through tabs welded? on the back of the down tubes. Seems that is still mostly how it's done, grab your engine of choice and fabricate mounts for the frame you want to run.

Just looking at the rear disc on the Lawson bike. What a lightening job! Also noticed it has a front brake. TT? I know they don't run fronts on ovals.

Back