Stick on wheel weights with spokes

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone using the stick on weights with spoked wheels. How bad does it look. Is this acceptable, or a no no. :shrug:

go dyna. but if you have the weights already, put them on and judge for your self. I have dyna beads in the back, but for some reason, I cant get them into the front tube. Cheap tube might have a flap of rubber there. if I stick a probe in the valve, it feels really tite
(yea, I know. That's what she said)

Too late for me to go Dyna Beads. I all ready bought a Marc Parnes balancer.

Is anyone using the stick on weights with spoked wheels. How bad does it look. Is this acceptable, or a no no. :shrug:
...................................... hi i,ve gone stick on weights on both my gs1000e and my yamaha xs650 i have not had a problem with them at all ,,make sure the mag part is spotless ,, regarrds oldbiker

...................................... hi i,ve gone stick on weights on both my gs1000e and my yamaha xs650 i have not had a problem with them at all ,,make sure the mag part is spotless ,, regarrds oldbiker

No mags. I have chrome, and aluminum 36 spoked wheels.

I think what I'll do is just use the stick on's just to get it balanced. Then if they look God awful I'll order the expensive spoke weight's once I know what weight's I need.

If I go Dyna beads I'll have wasted a shit load of money on the Marc Parnes balancer, and the stand I made for it. I'm not going to do that.

I used the stick on weights on my shouldered rims and they work just fine. Just make sure the surface is real clean first. I used a solvent, like acetone.

go dyna. but if you have the weights already, put them on and judge for your self. I have dyna beads in the back, but for some reason, I cant get them into the front tube. Cheap tube might have a flap of rubber there. if I stick a probe in the valve, it feels really tite
(yea, I know. That's what she said)

Sometimes(sounds like it in your case!) you need to take a drill piece and get in there after you have removed the inner valve of course! Some tubes have ahole in there which needs to be drilled out. Not sure what size, I think it's on dynabeads website.

Edit: click on the link and about two thirds down!!

http://www.dynabeads.co.uk/dynabeads_instructions_bike.php

Last edited:
Dyna Beads are some where around $20 for a kit that comes with the right amount of beads for each tire and an applicator bottle. Most bikes use 1 oz front, 2 oz rear.
Leo

I've got the Dynabeads in mine. I still bounce around. I'm thinking about getting the wheels balanced to see if it works better. Not sure if it's the beads or if I need to true again.

If you have the proper amount of beads in the tires and you still gets vibes then your wheels may be to much out of true or your tires are a bit our of round.
With the beads in there the balance is not the problem.
Leo

Back