Stock XS650

savagetactical

XS650 Member
Reaction score
has anyone had any experience with coverting a 650 to the big bore 750 kit? Turns out that I have a spare motor that can be built. Been watching YouTube videos and these things sound like BEASTS!!! Just curious if anyone out there has done it and maybe had a guesstimation on about how much its costs for cam, port and polish heads, 3 angle valve job, etc

Hope you have machinists and bike technicians as established friends.......It REALLY does help and not just with dollars but also sense............How big and expensive a beast can you afford or can do yourself? About a grand is probably the least even if you do most yourself. Good parts cost , might consider a 700cc option, a lot less $$ and supposedly a good street upgrade, or so I hope because I'm in the process of doing mine right now with the Cruisinimage piston kit and Shell #1 from Hoos Racing. Time will tell.....................

My father in law was a master technician for 20 some odd years. He’s actually the one I bought my xs650 from and informed me that I forgot to “get my spare engine”. He’s also the one who put the bug in my ear about the big bore kit and turnin it into a 750.

Back