Suicide Shift...

stuntdouble

Contract Killer
Reaction score
Any members that are running foot clutch/jockey shift setups interested in making a foot-clutch "kit" for us non-fabbing ass-clowns? (jamesgs4, blackbetty, etc. etc.) Nothing crazy, just something sturdy and reliable... Willing to pay you handsomely for your efforts. Thanks! :thumbsup:

You do know, there's a REAL reason why they call them suicide clutches, right?

Contact Bill Norton, AKA, blacksmithbilly, his solution is what I use and it's rock solid.

I've been looking for some info also. What do you guys do that don't want to run a front brake? I can't imagine foot clutch and foot rear brake control works good.

Posted via Mobile

It works fuckin awesome, especially when you wait the last second and powerslide to a stop at a red light.

But honestly, it's not hard, like, at all. And people will never be able to ride your bike.

How about with a rear drum brake. Sounds like fun... Just figured I'd ask before I looked like a dumbass doing it

Posted via Mobile

I've got the rear drum! It will lock up if you're not ginger w it. Just takes a bit of practice and soon you're used to it and lookin smooth.

...What do you guys do that don't want to run a front brake? I can't imagine foot clutch and foot rear brake control works good...

In my intro thread on here I mentioned that I wanted to run a brakeless mini-spool hub up front and a foot clutch/jockey shift setup and while most welcomed me to the board, there were a few that responded that, apparently, thought that I legitimately didnt know that a foot clutch-foot brake was gonna be kinda tricky to learn. I understand that theres a trickiness to it, and that it may take some getting use to. So Ill ride the back roads where theres minimal traffic until Im confident enough to "get out in the pack". I understand that I'll have to probably pay closer attention to other drivers because Ill lose a good portion of my "real" braking power but I consider myself a fast learner. Hell, the first time I ever rode a motorcycle (other than my neighbors XR80 in a circle in his field) was a 636 Ninja the day I brought it home from the dealership, in February... IN THE RAIN! But if you're worried about what may happen, why even build a bike? Why ride in the first place?

After reading this, it sounds like Im pissing and moaning at you Pov76, not the case, just a string of thoughts.

Im not worried. I've been riding and drag racing bikes for twenty years. I rode my last build with an ss124 like I stole that fucker, rigid with a 10" over springer on Ohio roads ain't no joke.

Posted via Mobile

I will pull up some photos of the one piece design that is all in the cover. I have done the worm gear one and it worked but no clutch adjustment on the one i did so i changed it to just drilling a hole above the shifter grind some of the back of the cover and use a spring and short shaft and that worked very good. I have seen a couple designs and all seem to work. I also did one with fluid pusher and Harley brake master and that worked great once you get the fluid right.

Irish_prick does make a complete set-up and is extremely reasonable, if you look at his aco bobber build, its all cableless

Here's the thread on how to make what I use:

http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32458

Close up of mine:

P4eR4l.jpg

The lever is made of a double collar shaft and a lowbrow #2 frame tab. You have to use the double collar shaft; a single will slip on the shaft. The mod still maintains all the clutch adjustment, but it's a much more positive clutch feel since there's no cable.

I've been looking for some info also. What do you guys do that don't want to run a front brake? I can't imagine foot clutch and foot rear brake control works good.

Posted via Mobile

It is called push and pray that you can stop before impact. :D :yikes: And luck is a good thing.

Back