Suicide Shift...

OK finally got my old computer to turn on so i can post the pictures. I like Blackbetty one very cool. So here is another style that you can do with little tools. I have done this on a couple different bikes and it worked well because it had a stop. Some that don't have a stop you can disingage the clutch if you push too far. Cheap and easy. This was the mock up to see how it was going to work. I used threaded rod and hime joints on the finished one and had to take more out of cover. The nice thing about this is in 20min you switch covers and you go back to hand clutch.
SORRY guys that it took long to post pictures OLDOLDOLD computer with all my stuff from a year ago.

Attachments

• 100_0871.jpg
    100_0871.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_0872.jpg
    100_0872.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_0995.jpg
    100_0995.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_1026.jpg
    100_1026.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 261
Yes you can DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
I am going to offer a Hydraulic suicide this year . I have three covers and three masters just got to make the first one up for the bike I am building and get all the bugs out before I offer it . The manual one above is easy but I don't like that they have no stop and you can twist the worm out and then you have no clutch until you pull cover and reset worm. I have done hydraulic suicide on a CB750 chopper and a couple Harleys and it work much better. I should have the first bike completed by middle of FEB 2019 and will be up for sale end of FEB. Doing a bike every month and a half until I finish up the 5 I bought. Two will be suicide shift , two will be handle bar hydraulic , and last bike is 5" center stretch over turbo. All hardtails sorry this time around. But I am looking for stock frame to do Mono shock GSXR front. Got to get my cousin up to speed so he can keep building. My garage is packed 4 bikes 6 motors looks a mess lol.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 189
  • gar3.jpg
    gar3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 168
  • gar2.jpg
    gar2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 145
  • gar1.jpg
    gar1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 199
A suicide clutch or suicide shift was an "over center" design that was supposed to lock into the engaged position when pushed far enough, but didn't always... hence the "suicide" moniker. You'd be sitting there at a stop sign and the clutch might pop back out on you.
The designs here are just plain foot clutches--nothing suicide about em.

Back