Sussing out a parts haul

Jim- no dumb questions here.

The other thing you’ll need is to check your In-Box and you will find that in the upper right hand corner of the screen. That is where you will find the conversations you start as Private Messages or PMs.

Pete

Bin #2

The rear fenders look like they'll clean up ok. The fronts have more rusty than can be wished. Looks to be a complete OEM electronic ignition.

IMG_20171105_110913154.jpg

Last edited:
Bin #2

The rear fenders look like they'll clean up ok. The fronts have more busy than can be wished. Looks to be a complete OEM electronic ignition.
Does the rear false fender (the plastic one) have any cracks? If not. I'd be interested in that too

Don't see an ignition "black box". That thing with the fins is the later model's combined reg/rec, not compatible with your earlier charging system. Spare rotor would be nice to have. Test it, see if it's good. Even if it is the later type with the pick-up magnet, it will work on your bike. Yours without the magnet won't work on the later bikes.

The black box is still on the battery box. Rotor is 5.1 ohms. The stator harness needs a touch of attention, but looks repairable.

OK, I think I see it now in the shadows. Rotor sounds good. You will have fun with that 3rd box and all the little bits. As I think I mentioned, there are many unique and N.L.A. little parts and fasteners used on these. Some to look out for ..... the lower headpipe mounting bolts. These have a washer built into the head .....

KnpIN9e.jpg

Either of the rear brake torque arm bolts. Both are special and N.L.A. In particular, the one that fits into the brake plate is an oddball. It has sort of an oval shaped flat head. Both are shouldered and stepped .....

full

The tach drive mounting bolt is also unique. It has a turned down tip .....

FFZ2Lf1.jpg

Dare I ask, what is that in the snuff container? Seeds perhaps of a crop that is being legalised state by state?

One sees a lot of things living in barracks....

Back