Swingarm Grease

I always use some thing that is marine rated. More water resistant. But lacking that, any general purpose grease will work fine.

I have used the nipples, what's wrong with them? I have pulled several old swing arms that were greased and still had "good" plastic bushings.

good question.. i was wondering the same thing - i have a tube of grease from advance auto and was going to pump some into the swingarm.. i used it last weekend to repack my steering bearings.

old grease fittings get stuck and sometimes need replacing, not sure if you can pick up a replacement at an auto store

The early models had a different style grease nipple that an normal grease gun won't fit on. It was actually straight on the sides and not "nipple" shaped. A normal gun wouldn't snap on it. Most auto parts stores sell grease nipple assortment packs in metric. The swingarm uses an M6 thread size.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...formance-Tools_7070055-P_N3246_T|GRP2035_____

I use Kendall Super Blu grease in my grease gun for all my general purpose greasing. My dealer recommended it and, in fact, sells it.

I use the same grease as I do for the bearings on my boat trailer.. Pretty much use that for everything. I just make sure it's marine grease and call it good.

Back