Tank decals, comments/ideas/preferences wanted

I cant choose, I'll run both on different bikes if I can get another running in time or just swap tinware over every weekend . lol

Your bike looks great.
Completely understand the dilema???? I'm in the process of getting a second tank and set of side covers ready for paint on mine because I too can't decide. So I'll just change it up when the mood hits me. Quick disconnect fuel lines and away we go.
Yamimoto

I hav four different colred tanks and four sets of tin ware. Black and gold, grey and black, army drab and white, pastel green and chrome Triumph style badge from Resto (at the painters)

Ihave four different sets

Attachments

• P8250001.jpg
    P8250001.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 169
  • P8250004.jpg
    P8250004.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 185
  • PA180001.jpg
    PA180001.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 172
I like those. Grey or green are colours Ive never considered but work well!
2 more of mine.
Ive owned the silver tank since 1978, it was on the first new XS I bought, so whatever bike I put it on feels like it really mine .. If that makes sense?:p

Attachments

• my bikes 045.jpg
    my bikes 045.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 177
  • xs july 001.jpg
    xs july 001.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 187
Loosetrucks, great minds think alike, Ive just been pinstriping today!
Love that two-tone tank mock-up - I'm really thinking of doing that now, thanks.

Haha! Good job! I'm happy if i inspired you to go two tone.

By the way, it's no biggie but the Yamaha type you have on your tank is the Yamaha Musical instruments logo with the "M" not going all the way to the bottom. I know, i'm a graphic designer and we can be annoying with those details... :D:banghead:

You read my mind1!! Been browsing trials tires and scrambler pipes for mine. Really diggin the desert sled look. What are you guys going to retain your center stand with those pipes? I have the ones from mikes, but
he stand loop wont clear the muffler.
Posted via Mobile

I have always loved your silver/grey tank with the black decal and black side-covers. The bike just seems right.

Is it the 76 euro model colors.

:thumbsup:That tank was on a brand new XS I bought in 1978, I kept it when I sold the bike, its probably been sat on about 20-30 different 650's Ive owned , it makes each one feel like 'mine' :laugh:

I can relate to that.

So that is the 78 Decal? Do you know if the Euro and English models were different or the same?

I did buy the original bike at a discounted price in '78 so it might have been built in '77...I think this colour was UK and Europe.
Not bad for a 36-37 year old tank! :)

I have a couple of posters showing it a 77 but wasn't sure if it carried over to the 78. Have other posters showing the 78 or 79 with a different decal.

I know the grass is always greener, and having it that long wanting a change is understandable.

I would love to have a tank like that, intend to copy one for myself one day. That silver and black decal just blends in so nice with the chrome and alloy and seat.

I'm jealous

Back