TC Bros hardtail, what chain length?

Irydebikes

XSessively enthusiastic
Reaction score
I am nearing the end of my build but need to get a chain. Anyone who's built with a TC Bros hardtail have advice on what length chain I need? ALS, any input on what typ is best, X ring, O ring etc... Thanks!!!

Like the others said, just get a long chain, like 130 links, and cut it to length. Mount the rear wheel, sliding it in closest to the engine. Wrap the chain around the prockets, and pull it tight, mark the link your going to cut off with a sharpie. Any new chain will stretch a little. Higher quality chains will stretch less.
X-Ring is the best, then O-Ring. You can't really go wrong with a high quality name brand chain, RK, EK, DID, BikeMaster, REGINA.... Yeah, you'll spend about $100 or more, but it's worth it. Most modern high quality chains are Rivit master link type, either barrow a chain rivit tool, or get one from MikesXS.

Most stuff that I've read says cut 5-7 links out of a 120 link chain for a tc bros hardtail..

I found a 116 link chain for $24 delivered on ebay.. I bought it.. hopefully it works out..

follow up.. did anyone need a chain tensioner on their TC tail?

I know the guys at TC say you don't need them, but i still see about half of the bikes with a TC tail have a tensioner installed.

Back