Thank You Guys

realgoodtexan

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been lurking here since I picked up my baby, a 79 Special. When I got it, it had been under a cover in an apartment parking lot for the better part of 3 years. PO got a Harley, so the old Hammerhead was no good to him anymore I guess. That was about a year ago.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get her back on the road again. I just Google the problem I'm (currently) having and look for results from this site. I've been able to educate myself about small engine repair and solve everything I've run into.

To those just starting out, keep at it. If you want to fix your bike, these guys can help. And here's the thing. You dont even have to ask. All the information ever known by mankind about our beloved bikes is already posted here. Read the words of the sages. Trust that if you've run into a problem, someone here has solved it.

Thank you to everyone. Couldn't have done it without you

texas_flag.jpg

Nice work! :cheers:

Your pretty close to @DogBunny who probably has anything you might need. Twomany and I are about a hour and a half west of Austin off of 290. Good to have you aboard. Your bike looks a lot like my special I bought last year.. Same tank etc.
When It gets a bit warmer we should all get together and kill some BBQ at the Salt Lick near Dripping Springs. A nice ride.

Welcome to the forum, realgoodtexan.

Looks like you could use some of 5twin's centerstand mods.

Do a forum search on "centerstand tang", posted by member "5twins"...

Back