the first build . . . well kinda second build

Cleaned up some of the key areas of the frame for the trip to VOODOO tomorrow and one of the neck gussets just cause i had a little bit of extra time.

full

full

full

Got my XS650.com calendar in the mail yesterday has been mounted on a tool box at work everyone else has lame Dodge Chrysler ones.

Also have decided that I'll use a 64 spoke 21inch front wheel (if I can get my hands on a hub) have a few feelers out.

Well since my frame is in Austin getting some love I decided I could get started taking the motor apart.

full

full

full

full

full

Everything is perty clean which was expected for only like 12k on the bike.

So I kinda went on this weekend trip up to Oklahoma last weekend and became the owner of 5 more bikes.
titled 79xs650
titled 78xs650
titled 81cb650
untitled unknown year xs650
untitled unknown year xs650 with springer and hardtail (the one in the cab of the truck)

http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/2483/

many parts will once i get organized be listed for sale mainly from the untitled bikes the titled ones especially the one with 19in mags front and rear im deffinitaly keeping. figured id give a heads up since this kinda made me maybe just slightly broke. my current xs650 build will be stretched even more than i had originally planned.

oh but i did get my hands on a 64spoke front hub 21in rim and spokes hopefully a trip to the powder coater and ill get my frame back from Voodoo and atleast have a roller together.

Been a while since ive updated, should have pics this weekend. But my brother picked up my frame from Dave at VOODOO VINTAGE I havnt even seen it yet but IM SO EXCITED!!!!:D

Yeah that dual 19mag will be my next xs650 build its the titled 78 i got. Titled 79 and complete untitled bike possibly sold already too. Working on getting the cb650 back in premo condition tires and going through the carbs i plan on driving it to Ohio for the xs650 gathering at PANDEMONIUM in august.:bike:

Looking at what my wheels are gonna be powder coated as cause only wanna do that once. Main guestion is powdercoat the spokes red or leave stainless and drum plate red or black to match the hub? Input greatly appreciated!!!:banghead:

Yeah, sorry, my phone died and now I'm comfortable in my chair, so I'm not taking a pic of your frame tonight :)

I've heard that the extra thickness you get when you powdercoat spokes makes it difficult to lace the wheels without jacking up said powdercoat.

Google "spoke covers" ... maybe something like that would work. (Or look dumb, I dunno)

i was worried about that too could paint them there seems to be plenty of wiggle room that it could be done just something different dont see often or atleast i havnt

So got my hartail from VOODOO Dave is awesome. Difference isnt much but its enough to hopefully not hit the bend with my leg every time i kick start it, Im 5ft nothing. Bike next to(under) my frame is the 80 me and my brother RANGER built last year.
And he did the seat if yall are wonderin.
full

Picked up this valve spring tool from MikesXS works perfect no complaints.:thumbsup:
full

THANK GOD FOR HEX SHANK SCREWDRIVERS!!!!!!!!! worked with a hammer for the clutch basket too.
full

full

Back