Thinking of getting rid of this fender. Any suggestions on replacing tail light and plate?

Please post a picture of what you are talking about so we can make informed suggestions. There are a lot of different styles of bikes on this forum.

I will go take a photo of the booty and post it soon but here is the one I have on hand.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 96
Nice looking bike, (even with the honking rear fender😎) forgive the sarcasm. Cut 3 or 4 inches at a time. Look at it. Make a plastic or cardboard mock up to visualize. My perspective is the tail light should be much less obtrusive. My 2 cents. Not my monkey, not my circus. Hey, did I say, nice looking bike?

I am really sorry for the comments above. Your bike is beautiful and do not change a thing. Build another and make the fender 3 inches shorter and see which you like best.

Nice looking bike, (even with the honking rear fender😎) forgive the sarcasm. Cut 3 or 4 inches at a time. Look at it. Make a plastic or cardboard mock up to visualize. My perspective is the tail light should be much less obtrusive. My 2 cents. Not my monkey, not my circus. Hey, did I say, nice looking bike?

I am really sorry for the comments above. Your bike is beautiful and do not change a thing. Build another and make the fender 3 inches shorter and see which you like best.
Thanks man. It is a quarantine project and now runs great(after a couple bogus mikes xs ignition systems.) it’s super fun in the canyons. I like the look too but I really am digging the brats I see here. Maybe I need another bike.😁

Hello Sdadyo
Really nice looking bike.
Great suggestions above.
Google as many images as you can.
Since you have a cafe search xs650 cafe.
Expand the search to cafe motorcycles and if you find a nugget adapt it to your needs.
Click the images tab and perhaps an idea or two or three will catch your interest.
Mock it if you can as best you can.
Then think about it.
Rinse and repeat until you strike gold.
Did I mention you have a great looking bike?
Make sure you update us on your decision.
Especially with pics. We are greedy like that

I like this man. I bed you had to take a deep breath before you cut into that pretty blue booty. Thanks for sharing.

Another issue I have with may bike is the wiring nightmare. The colors don't match any diagram on earth, Its been a lot of poking and guessing thus far. Still haven't figured out the flash relay.

Thanks again for sharing. Really like your buggy!

Since this thread is kinda about likes and dislikes..........I LIKE FULL FENDERS!!!!!! I don't like thinned, shortened fenders, even on bobbers and cafe's. Seen so many times where guys keep shortening a fender until they don't like it at all, next option, no fender at all. No thanks, not for me.

Scott

Back