this bike is killing me

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
it's going to be the death of me, first build and i figured i'd have her up and running in three months here it is six months later still a no go. Stupid little shit keeps adding up and not having parts i need. Does it go like this past your first build? I need some inspiration.

I feel for you. I think that was a rather rough pile of parts you started with.

Yep... My latest build is 2 years in the making... Just finished the engine last week, been working on the Girder.... First build was 16 weeks of all nighters and long ass days... Stay with it mang...

I feel for you. I think that was a rather rough pile of parts you started with.

yah man, nothing is there, front wheel and back wheel needs spacers, bearings all that. Once i get the tires/wheels worked out, I think i'm in smooth sailing but i doubt it

yah man, nothing is there, front wheel and back wheel needs spacers, bearings all that. Once i get the tires/wheels worked out, I think i'm in smooth sailing but i doubt it

What all parts you needin'? I got piles of stuff around here I'd be glad to send to ya....

i got the front wheel spacing done by putting the speedo in there, i just need to figure out what i need to get the backwheel fitted correctly, there's a two inch gap that is making the wheel go back and forth. haven't even started on electrical stuff yet and i'm kinda scared of it

When dealing with projects such as cars or bikes it never goes as planned...and the older the model/project the worse it is. Shit my '69 Mustang, I got it when I was 14 and now I'm 27 and it's still not "done".

With my XS I want to be done before riding season is over here in Chicago, but I know that's going to be pushing it real close. Good luck and take your time, don't rush as you'll only regret it or have to redo it later.

It sounds like your tail is too narrow to use stock spacers. Is the tail home made?

James i'm not sure to be perfectly honest.

how about a pic from the rear showing both sides? If your tail is narrower than stock, you will need custom spacers made. If your tail was welded crooked, you may be in for more work.

I'm into the 4th month on my bike. I've missed every rally of the season so far. I keep telling everyone I hope to have it on the road by fall but i don't say what year. Hang in there.

ya just started my first build i want it done by ohio bike week 2012 but prob not gonna happen shooting for 2013 now and enjoying the build

Try to keep your mind on what you can do and maybe the rest will come later, im sorry your in a rut but i know the feeling. Mine sat in a basement for 6 months without being touched cause i lost my job, and i have had many parts i liked that never made it to the final cut, alot of money in parts i have to sell is what it is now.. keep your head up

Back