goodgollyjosh

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Dude was probably hungry

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 178
Reminds me of that Kurt Vonnegut story Deer in the Works. Except he looks very content...

Ah! you mean a squirrel... they have red an grey squirrels here, but the tails aren't so bushy; they climb tress, but the teeth aren't so long.

Nope, not squirrels at all - grey panda.

Anlaf

He took off after he heard the click from the phone but I have seen him runnin' around outside. He is so uncomfortable out in the open, always lookin' for cover. We have a shop cat that is always fightin' with possums and raccoons, not sure if she is aware of the fox yet.

The heat and drought is puttin' stress on all the wildlife. Last night, a 10-pt buck in velvet knocked on my door lookin for a handout. Then later, heard a pack of coyotes, couple hundred yards away, singing to the moon. I'll tell the feral hogs here that your shop is open for visiters...

The heat and drought is puttin' stress on all the wildlife. Last night, a 10-pt buck in velvet knocked on my door lookin for a handout. Then later, heard a pack of coyotes, couple hundred yards away, singing to the moon. I'll tell the feral hogs here that your shop is open for visiters...

I think you best keep them out there. We already have enough trouble with over population of the deer. Since they can't get out, they tend to inbreed. Every couple of years they trap a bunch and move them off the property.

Attachments

• bucks.jpg
    bucks.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 77
Those boys look well-fed. If the cooling pond is gone, where are they getting their water?

They have some water troughs put out and they have several corn feeders. I run on the trails and property perimeter and have noticed several areas will hold water when there is sufficient rain but all appear dry at present. I have seen hog traps out and evidence of their presence from the ground being tore up from their snouts. Rattle snakes have been a problem as well. I occasionally hear a bush rattle when I run by :eek:

Back