Wanted - TIG Welding Fundamentals with David Bird DVD

Did you get that 165 on craigslist yesterday? I called the guy was suppose to go get it this morning but he sold it for 50 dollars more last night. I was hoping it was you so I didnt have to be that mad!

Nope, didn't get it. I was tempted, but since I don't know a damn thing yet, I figured I'd be better off buying a new one. Don't wanna spend $1k on a bum unit b/c I couldn't properly test it.

I can't seem to find that video, I might have let someone borrow it... I would have let you borrow it if I could find it...

Dude it was brand new in the box! If I wasnt at the 9 to 5..(i mean 7 to 3) I would have went and got it back to the 1750 for the 180:banghead:

Brand new is what he said, also said damage to the box, could have been dropped 10 feet off the back of a truck.

Got my 240V breaker 'n shit, ready to install!~

get it done! Im still pinchin pennies....but I think I found the hook up on stainless material!

I have no idea where I'm going to get metal locally, once I start welding. I'm hoping wherever I get the welder will be able to give me suggestions. Can't wait.

I had a steel mill bout 2 miles from my house. It closed down in the beginning of july. My cousin's b/f works at chicago tube and iron in bolingbrook so im gonna check out there stuff. Hardware store material is junk! I can't wait to check out some stainless prices :yikes:

Posted via Mobile

how does that powder-coat deally-o work? I have seen industrial powder coat systems that are the size of a supermarket. The parts go on an electrically grounded conveyor hook through a statically isolated chamber where the powder is applied as positively charged particles, the conveyor then goes slowly through a large oven the size of a house and your cured parts come out the other side and get slowly cooled down. Or am I thinking of anodized parts...?? I forget...

so how do these PC kits work on a small scale? what does the PC process involve and can a talented industrial artist do it in his or her garage at home?

Back