Timing retard/advance/Pamco

I think it might be the rod and advance unit.
The center disc, you've seen the video, is sloppy and the side to side movement on the advance rod seems excessive too.
I will post a video of it.

I checked side play of the rod as Pete said that the rotor can be too far away and causes trouble...

I measured it and it is 1mm of play..

I knew it. I knew it.
Another quality shit part from Mikes. The fucking thing broke unscrewing it.

Cheap junk that they won't stand by or return.

View attachment 101646

View attachment 101647
====================================================================
THIS is but ONE of the many issues I have read about this unit and seller.
I fully understand the no returns on electrical stuff but they really should have some kind of warranty or something.
You COULD just ditch ALL those troublesome parts and go with what I went with.
The Power Dynamo from HOOS Racing. I cannot say how well it works, and NO POINTS or mechanical advance to mess up.
It is well worth the added expense,, in MY opinion anyway.

Check it out,,,
http://www.hoosracing.com/products.html

http://www.powerdynamo.biz/eng/products.htm

You will not be disappointed

You shouldn't have to modify a new part but is it possible you could extend the relief cutouts for the plate's hold down screws so the plate can be turned a little further counterclockwise? A few seconds with a Dremel tool is all it would take.

If you swapped your Pamco for your friends Pamco and the timing issue went over to your friends bike, That's a good indication the Pamco has the problem.
Have you contacted Pete about this? Is It still under warranty?
Leo

You shouldn't have to modify a new part but is it possible you could extend the relief cutouts for the plate's hold down screws so the plate can be turned a little further counterclockwise? A few seconds with a Dremel tool is all it would take.
No one likes to hear this, but I had to trip the plate to get it within specs. Bike runs great.

Back