Tron- 77 mutt brabber build

Tron, great work! I am currently working on a '78 with a scrambler flavor. My first xs, as I too have always been a Harley guy. What wiring diagram did you use when you re-wired? My set-up will be very similar to yours. Also curious about the sporty headlight setup. Did the "eyebrow" bolt right up, or did you have to make an adapter to fit it?

More speed holes!!

Yeew.

Went down to the local motorcycle salvage today (im there every week digging around) and came out today lucky.

Found a rd400 drilled rotor and a new front hoop for the upcoming winter build.

Parts gathering has started! And im psyched.

Heres some before and after shots of the disk, as well as me footpegs..

Attachments

• DSCN4275.jpg
    DSCN4275.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN4273.jpg
    DSCN4273.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN4276.jpg
    DSCN4276.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN4277.jpg
    DSCN4277.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN4268.jpg
    DSCN4268.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 194
Today is my only day off, so I went for a scramble over on an island called Saltspring Island. It was my first time there so I was pretty excited to go. My bike has been messing with me lately (petty little annoyances) so I thought id treat her to a special day of riding :laugh:

I didnt leave as early as I wanted to, since I didnt even plan the trip until woke up. I actually had a ton to do today, and said fuck it im going riding.

All packed up, and rode the 40k's out to the ferry. After talking to 6 separate people about the bike at the ferry terminal, I hopped on.

dscn4280u.jpg

dscn4285l.jpg

dscn4289u.jpg

Saltspring island is known to be a bit "hippy" per say, as its all farms, and fishing. The roads are all extremely windy, old, and in rough shape. I felt like my bike was built for this style of riding, and it really shone.

I ripped around for a while checking out the island, then saw a sign for Mount Maxwell 9Km's so I veered off and headed in that direction.

It turned to dirt pretty much right away, and was a real blast. Lots of rocks, ruts, humps, and good times. I got air more times then I could count on two hands, and got the front wheel up a bunch.

Unfortunately, riding solo, you have to deal with the riderless shots!

dscn4295.jpg

dscn4298.jpg

dscn4318x.jpg

dscn4313.jpg

I hit the summit (1750 feet or something) and the view was absolutely spectacular.

dscn4300.jpg

dscn4303g.jpg

dscn4299n.jpg

All in all, I was on the bike for 5-6 hours, round trip was about 8 hours.

dscn4335a.jpg

Headed back to the ferry just as the sun was going down. Got some sunset paparazzi shots, and then made it home by about 9:30pm.

dscn4340t.jpg

dscn4343p.jpg

dscn4369b.jpg

dscn4373g.jpg

dscn4375n.jpg

dscn4376p.jpg

dscn4377v.jpg

The bike ran flawlessly. It seems that it ran just SO much better on a nice long ride. I covered about 180-200km's of all twisty windy backroads.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

dscn4323n.jpg

Im rockin the Bridgestone Trailwing TW42, and TW39.

They are pretty rad, although I wish I had a bit more grip in rough stuff. They tend to slide a bit when it gets rocky.

Despite what some people may say, I think they are great on the road. I daily ride em.

Hey Tron, what tires are you running? I'm looking for something similar on my build. Thanks!

Not Tron here, but speaking of something similar, I've been using Shinko 705s on my
'81, 19" front and 18" rear. Excellent in dry or wet, decent wear life.

Not Tron here, but speaking of something similar, I've been using Shinko 705s on my
'81, 19" front and 18" rear. Excellent in dry or wet, decent wear life.

How are they in the dirt? They seem pretty street oriented..

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Back