Trouble identifying new harness

XS1961

XS addict!
Reaction score
I recently bought a new wiring harness, seller said it was for a '1974-5 TXA or XS650B model. Im having trouble identifying for sure the year. A few colours just dont match any wiring diagrams I can find . For instance the colours to the flasher cancelling unit(which Im junking anyway) none match any diagrams ..The green&brown,never seen that before ? Also the wires to connector for the instrument panel are odd colours ,those that do match are in the socket in the 'wrong order/pattern' !
Any ideas? Cheers

Photo of the cancelling unit wiring..Match it if you can !:shrug:

Attachments

• wiring xs 005.jpg
    wiring xs 005.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 130
One thing about the 74 and 75 harness, they were not the same. The 75-76 were, the 74 was a one year only.
I rewired my 75 and lost the extra connector that it had. I may still have it kicking around. I didn't know just what it was for at the time, but thought it might be for a canceler, but the 75 didn't have one.
Unless some of the bike sent to Europe had them?
Leo

Im almost sure I asked this very same question some months back when I started my tear down, and I think it was 5twins or gggGary who told me that particular socket was something to do with a redundant lighting circuit only used in Europe and not to worry about it as it can be left open. (hope thats how I remember it as Im about to try and start my baby up next week !)

Im pretty sure its redundant, it certainly will be when I cut it off this afternoon!
Thanks
I might 'trim down' a spare used SE(Tci model) harness I have instead , at least Im familiar with its colour coding..Lookout for a seperate help post on this methinks:wink2:

Its raining here and I was going to spend a quiet hour in the garage tidying up my wiring.

I have an unidentified plug dangling and was last week going to post asking what it might be. But I did the obligatory search first and I came across this quite old thread. I thought I'd tie up more firmly the loose end, confirm @XS1961 's findings and document the wire colours for future searchers.

My bike is an XS650B (1975) and it has, as far as I can tell, the original wiring harness. @XS1961 asks what the unidentified plug is. My harness also has it. The colours are the same, black, orange, white, white with red trace, green with red trace. So it looks like European (UK) xs650Bs have this fitment; its not used and we don't know what it was ever intended for.

Photo supplied to place it in context with the rest of the harness.

IMG_2461.JPG

Back