For Sale - Two 1972 XS2s $6000

mikdnc

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have two XS2s that I would like to sell as a pair, but would be open to selling individually. Feel free to make an offer. Located in Milwaukee.
Both are matching frame/engine. The running one has a clean WI title in my name, the other would be a bill of sale.

Titled xs2. A previous owner was going to cafe this one, as it had clubman bars and the passenger peg mounts cut off when I got it. I fabricated mounts for passenger pegs and to hold on the new exhaust I put on this past season. This bike was in my daily rider rotation this past season. Runs well, starts on first or second kick or with the electric start. Leaks a little out of the push rod oil seal. I do have the original directionals and brake light. Newer tires and chain. I added the exhaust, HHB solid riser bushings, new petcocks, handlebars and mirror this season. Cleaned and rebuilt/jetted carbs when I put the new exhaust on. Racetech shocks pictured are not included, I do have the shocks that where on it when I bought it, not great but something.
xs2t.jpg

xs2tt.jpg

Xs2 sans title. This bike is pretty complete, I intended to restore it as a 40th birthday present for my brother since his XS2 was stolen. He isn't interested in having another XS in the garage anymore and I have a few too many projects. Engine kicks and is free, this one was sitting in a barn and possibly some snow at times. Missing the front directionals and that is about it I think. Tank needs to be cleaned out, does not leak though and looks like just surface rust inside. Tires are old and would be tossed, exhaust has some spots rusted through.
IMG_5167.jpeg

I went the Vermont route to get the title for the running one. Turned out to be much faster than the bonded title option, obviously didn't get around to the other one yet.

I went the Vermont route to get the title for the running one. Turned out to be much faster than the bonded title option, obviously didn't get around to the other one yet.
If you can sell it in Georgia, no title will be necessary or issued. All I would require here is a notary stamp on your BOS. I wouldn't worry about the title until you hear from interested parties.

I'll take some more pics today. Anything in particular you would like me to focus on? Willing to entertain offers as well, first kid on the way and I don't have health insurance 😂

How much for each? Might want to get just one, if that is possible. You also might try selling on eBay.
Thanks.
Bill

Hey Bowling, curious how much the fees are on eBay when selling a complete bike?

When I bought my 75 years ago the guy I bought it from had it listed as a 10% down payment so the fees were a lot less for him
Ebay would probably would catch on by now ?

I guess I can kiss FB goodbye and list on Ebay
I thought they got a % of the price

How much for each? Might want to get just one, if that is possible. You also might try selling on eBay.
Thanks.
Bill
Ebay might not be a bad route based on the thread, never have sold anything there. I was going off the nadaguide values, putting the titled one that is in good daily rider condition at $3210. From what I know, I am the fourth owner of this, but only the first owner actually road it. So the mileage might be real. I have a video of it running if you want to hear the bike too, I can email it or send it on Instagram(only social media I have). My math would price the other at $2790 based on my original ask. Again, I am open to offers.. I haven't pulled the other one out to take more pics yet. I built a lofted office in my shop, so bikes are stored underneath during the winter because it is heated. Naturally that XS is the deepest in there.

Attachments

• xs2a.jpg
    xs2a.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 112
  • xs2b.jpg
    xs2b.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 119
  • xs2c.jpg
    xs2c.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 116
  • xs2d.jpg
    xs2d.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 144
I have restore about five XS2 over the past year. My fully restored bikes sold for $4250 to $5595. I spend about $2800+ just for parts. I spend an average of $1300 to buy each before the restore. Your prices are why to high for what I am use to. Shipping is also hundreds of dollars to get it to GA. The one bike with no front or rear fenders, will cost hundreds if you can find them. Fenders are hard to find. I bought a 72 and 73 from eBay for $2250 for both last year. They were in about the same condition as yours.
The pictures abore have parts missing. Do you have any spare parts for each?

Bill

Last edited:
I have restore about five XS2 over the past year. My fully restored bikes sold for $4250 to $5595. I spend about $2800+ just for parts. I spend an average of $1300 to buy each before the restore. Your prices are why to high for what I am use to. Shipping is also hundreds of dollars to get it to GA. The one bike with no front or rear fenders, will cost hundreds if you can find them. Fenders are hard to find. I bought a 72 and 73 from eBay for $2250 for both last year. They were in about the same condition as yours.
The pictures abore have parts missing. Do you have any spare parts for each?

Bill
Wow, restoring lots of these! No fenders for the one pictured, original directionals(front and rear), brake light, original handlebars, mirrors and master cylinder I believe. Maybe I am dreaming on what I can get for them. Might be better off getting the one with all of the original goods running and sell them come Spring. Tough time of year to sell bikes in Milwaukee

The one without the fenders does not look too bad. The other one is a rust bucket. That would go for about $950 and the other one about $1500 IMO. Others on here might have different ideas on cost.

The one without the fenders does not look too bad. The other one is a rust bucket. That would go for about $950 and the other one about $1500 IMO. Others on here might have different ideas on cost.
I hear you. I don't think you are finding these for those prices around here anymore. gggary would probably know better than me, but those sound like Wisconsin prices from 2010. Definitely more difficult to find and just xs650s in general have really gone up here. I got my 81 for free back in 05, paid $400 for a running 77 in good shape in 09 and my brother got a pretty clean xs2 for $1200 that year too. Haven't seen anything close to those prices on craigslist in a long time.

Back