Uglies XS650 Chopper Build

Uglies

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyways I will post a pic of what she looks like so far later on today .

I do have a question for yall. when buying parts for the 1972-73 motor will other engine parts from other xs650s fit my engine like the engine side cover or do i have to find a 72-73?

Last edited:
Hello all from Ormond Beach, FL....

This is my first XS650 Build , I`m gathering up all my parts and so far been able to buy a johnny pag chopper motorcycle cheap and have gutted it so far.

Bought a 73 XS650 Motor from a parts guy in sanford florida named John cool guy, It looks really good as far as a motor goes, but will need a engine right side cover and stator cover along with a new front sprocket which will be obtained at tc brothers.

Im a gonna need carbs and all electroncs and guess what Im on a budget of $2500 total that I can spend into the bike.

So far im into this bike $1000 deep that includes the johnny pag and the xs650 engine, figure Ill sell the johnny pag motor and electroncis unless they can be used for this chopper im sure to figure it out.

Anyways I will post a pic of what she looks like so far later on today .

I do have a question for yall. when buying parts for the 1972-73 motor will other engine parts from other xs650s fit my engine like the engine side cover or do i have to find a 72-73?
ab49b4a8-8013-483e-b6b8-906c483e11c0_zpsme8xirv2.jpg

output_zpsuigdekj5.jpg

20140711_114652_zpshlimlmxt.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Uglies! I like yourJohnnyPag re-engine project. I like the look of the bike, and always thought it could use an XS650 in there. Might have to open up the lower-front of the frame a little bit to get it to fit. Not so sure about the height, though.

Avoid the 70-71 left side cover, bottom mount screws are different.
Besides, they're hard to find, expensive, and I've got dibs on those. :D
The later model left side covers have a rounded corner above the sprocket. It'll work, but won't look right.

Here's some reference: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35500

Back