UK Board Tracker Build Thread

Hey John! Yeah I'll get some video up when I get it started. The headlight looks good. I should have mocked it up. I'll try and get some pics on tomorrow. Hope all is good with you :thumbsup:

Hey John! Yeah I'll get some video up when I get it started. The headlight looks good. I should have mocked it up. I'll try and get some pics on tomorrow. Hope all is good with you :thumbsup:

Going as well as can be expected my friend. Some days are way tougher than others...

So, today, I managed to get the bike started. After last night, running from the battery, I knew I was getting spark and the odd cough. This morning I walked the engine through its strokes send discovered that the pick up plate was 180 degrees out. I referred back to the instructions from Hugh but to no avail. I pulled the pick up plate and the advance rod and noted that the locator dowel at the pickup plate end can go all the way through. So, I popped it out the opposite side and reassembled. All good on the walk through so I went for a start. Second kick and no problem. Fired straight into life and ran fine. I checked the output from the reg rec and wasn't seeing anything higher than 15.9v at higher revs, so connected the cap up. First kick and it fired. Once I was happy with that, I set the timing with my strobe and backed off the carb mix a touch. I'll sort them out more later.

I did take a video but I'm having trouble loading it for some reason. One thing I will say it has good compression!

I also did a few more jobs like fitting a new chain and also sizing up the new headlight

23B0DA58-FC5E-466F-A39B-76DEFBBE42BF_zps5d0ekdku.jpg

52D047F2-4203-43EE-998C-14CB2015279C_zpsfks44vpu.jpg

Last edited:
she lives !
Can't wait to see a vid of your first test run:wink2:

Back