UK Bobber Build thread

Looks good Paul! Glad you got back to working on your bike. What are you doing for clamps/hangers for your exhaust? I'm thinking of just using 2 clamps close to my battery box. You think that will be enough?
Your battery box looks very tidy.

Thanks John, at the minute, the exhaust is held by brackets coming off the footrest mount and underneath the exhaust. I machined a threaded boss and welded it to the underneath of the exhaust on each side , then bolted through the bracket. I think what you describe will be perfectly fine.

Happy New Year to All!

So after a few too many ales last night I did a lttle bit more today.

Got the brake caliper rebuilt after the paint had eventually dried and popped it back on.

100_2706.jpg

Filed the exhausts down, emery clothed them and gave them a buff up ready to go for chrome. Thinking about the mounts, I am not happy with the set up I have and i will be making some allumium strap mounts this weekend I think. Quite pleased with how they have come out and cant wait to see them chromed.

100_2703.jpg

100_2704.jpg

100_2705.jpg

Then I got the 16:00 interuption, I swear he can tell the time!

100_2707.jpg

Ordered brake lines, banjos, washers etc so hope to get the brakes sorted this weekend. Also ordered ignition switch, alluminium cycle pedal for the kickstart, new rear sprocket and chain, so plenty do this weekend

Dang Paul, Your pipes will look good chromed.
Oh man! your gonna do the kick start pedal mod? I'd like to see that in progress Paul.
What did you go with for your ignition switch?

Thanks John, yeah I think I'll give it a go. However, the thread of the pedal is 1/2" which upon measuring the kick starter I looks like it will be too big. So I might machine a long collet to thread over the end of it.
For the ignition switch, I just found a nice 2 pole chrome switch on eBay so I ordered it, I'll see what it looks like when it arrives.

Ted is probably watching progress with interest . He's wondering where he's going to sit on the bike !:D

Attachments

• tumblr_l5xl1r9wWV1qzy0kyo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_l5xl1r9wWV1qzy0kyo1_500.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 94
Paul what's in meshermant between the handl bars and seat and the triple trees geting a tank made but I don't have the hard tail on it yet

Bar to the front of the seat I geting a custome petrol tank made or gas tack and the Clarises of the triple tree to the top of the frame

Hi Subxs

So:

Centre of bars to tip of the from of the seat - 21 1/2"
Top of frame to top of triple trees - 2 1/2"
Top of frame to top of bars - 4 1/4"

Hope that helps

Thats a good Uncle to have!
The bike in the Avatar is this one
xs65.jpg

The neck is standard, just the tube risers and the high tank give that look, the forks are about 3 inches over too

Back