UK Cafe Racer Build Thread

Thanks Bornleader. I wanted the colour scheme to be a bit different, so I am going for a red frame and silver tank / tail piece. A little bit of homage to the classic MV Augustas

Thanks Airwolfie, she's a he - Superted or Ted. Apart from bruising a probable concusion and a serious dent in his pride, he'll be fine. He's definately going for the sympathy vote though ;)

Thanks Carbon, Ted says thanks ;)

Hi Airwolfie. We were out last night in the back fields and he didn't see the tree trunk int the dark and ploughed into it :(. Any one who knows Collies, when they're running at full chat They can fair shift. The stove is stoked right up and he's lying in front of it :)

Sorry to hear about what happened with Ted Paul. Dang tree trunks!
You'll have to post up a pic of him. I always loved Collies.
Although my favorite breed is the German shepherd.
My uncle used to breed and show them back in the 70's.

So in between the festive preperations and nursing Ted (hes a lot better) I got a little more done to the bike.

I finally got my hands on a rear disc. Now that its on the size looks ok and it will have that racier look when I drill the rotor. I thought I could have used the R1 rear hanger, however, it wont fit and is quite bulky.

So, I machined a new spacer for the right hand side and I will fabricate a bespoke hanger from 10mm aluminium plate, then trim the new spacerdown to suit. I think it looks ok mocked up on the top of the disc. At the bottom, it looks to low.

DSCN0855_zps94616391.jpg

DSCN0856_zpsf5746eca.jpg

DSCN0857_zpsbc225aee.jpg

Hey Paul, I'm glad to hear Ted is a lot better!:thumbsup:
I agree, the caliper will look like it grew there where you have it. What disc is that?

Back