United Kingdom, spring anyone ??

kenco

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for the spring clip for the starter gear, I've stripped the clutch and everything off to remove the starter gear and tighten the spring to help the starter engage properly but the bloody thing has snapped. Instead of buying the kit from XS650 shop does any one know where i can get one from in the UK. Thanks

Hi kenco
not sure what part you are refering to :confused:
Do you mean the starter motor spring clip? part number 90468-29062?
Don't think you will have much luck in the UK unless Yamaha still stock it. Motoward have a very good reputation
If you just want the clip alone Twins Inn in Germany sell just the clip try HERE
The site is in German but look under Anlasser und Kickstarter

Ken
Still not sure if you need the starter motor clip (90468-29062) or the kickstarter clip (90468-26044)
Heiden Tuning have both tho HERE

i think i know which item you mean,, it looks like a wish bone ,,,, if you look on ebay.. in usa ,, and punch up starter clip you may be lucky ... i recently purchased 1 off a guy in the states ... and as i said you could be lucky ...i,m in the middle of doing mine now ... regards oldbiker

I made one out of stainless steel welding rod that I hammered into shape around a large 3/4" drive socket of the appropriate diameter. That stuff is strong, and gripped a lot tighter than what came off it.

Hi, Its the starter clip, Thanks for the help and advice, Stainless welding rod ? is the rod the right diameter ? I thought about trying to repair the old one, I cant believe how soft the original clip is.

A 35 year old spring ain't as strong as a new one.
I found them on Ebay. Can't recall the price, somewhere around $3. I bought two.

i like the idea of a stainless steel spring ,,,,,,was there any dramas getting the correct dia, steel ... regards oldbiker

Back