Urgent help needed with fuel leak. Please help

Xs650911

Banned
Reaction score
For the responses I've received so far I regards to my severe problems of gasoline leaking all over my garage floor THANk YOU.
Since my lost post were I discovered fuel valve was operating correctly I've had to move my motorcycle outside of my garage onto the lawn area out back.
The fumes were to much for us to withstand any longer and although Ive purchased extra fire extinguishers. I wasn't throwing caution to the wind. There are children in the home and I'm not taking any more chances
We're was I? Ok the petcock and the damage it has caused my garage floor. I think I maybe allergic also? ..Anyone ever have a rash develop on there hands from gasoline exposer? Man I wish could afford to have a real professional service dept repair it for me..
Jim..the fuel valve (pet cock) it's working. I discovered that and included it in my earlier post. Why when the engine starts does it continue to leak fuel?

My best guess is either you have bad float needle and seat assemblies, or maybe dirt jammed in them not allowing them to close, or a bad (split) fuel line. Simple stuff, really, to diagnose and fix, but if it's beyond your capabilities then maybe a 40 year old bike isn't for you.

Jim I appreciate you trying but I have no choice. If I could only get the leak to stop. It's running ok it just starts pouring fuel out somewhere (not the petcock). Im gonna try aloe vera for the rash and see how that helps. Thanks. I've got to make to the interview on Monday

Well, you haven't provided enough info for us to be much help. You said the tank and petcock are not original 650 items so without pics, there's not much we can tell you. You haven't even told us what carbs you have. There's a big difference in the fuel line set-ups between the late model BS34s and the earlier model BS38s.

Well, you haven't provided enough info for us to be much help. You said the tank and petcock are not original 650 items so without pics, there's not much we can tell you. You haven't even told us what carbs you have. There's a big difference in the fuel line set-ups between the late model BS34s and the earlier model BS38s.
Know it and can't actually tell you what the tank came from. It's a good tank. Doesn't leak and has a real pretty hew in the morning with dew on it.

I know the choke lever is a flip type not like a choke in a old Ford truck that you pull. It flips

What are some identifying marks on each of the two you mentioned where I could identify for you. I have a repair manual

Well, a flip type choke lever sounds like BS38 carbs. BS34s have a pull knob or a cable run up to handlebar lever. Easiest way to tell the difference is to look at the carb tops. The BS38s have aluminum alloy tops .....

EY7iArV.jpg

The BS34s have chrome plated metal tops .....

4RX0uaP.jpg

What year is the bike?

Ok thanks alot! They are the B38's and it's a 1970 something...not for sure. It's not one of the 447 engine. Apparently from the looks of the pics shown it has a pair roughly 1977 model carbs

Last edited:
Ok thanks alot! They are the B38's and it's a 1970 something...not for sure. It's not one of the 447 engine. Apparently from the looks of the pics shown it has a pair roughly 1977 model carbs
Why don’t you post some images of your kit.
Then help would be easier to offer

The only thing this troll needs help with is finding his way back to the bridge he crawled out from under. Jim already tracked his IPA: 911 previously joined under the user name CCI and was banned for playing the same games he's trying now. His tale of woe is phony, and he's getting his kicks getting folks to buy into it.

The only thing this troll needs help with is finding his way back to the bridge he crawled out from under. Jim already tracked his IPA: 911 previously joined under the user name CCI and was banned for playing the same games he's trying now. His tale of woe is phony, and he's getting his kicks getting folks to buy into it.
Thanx grizld. When I'm BORED. I RIDE MY BIKE.

Back