Verification

Kinsygrl

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I'm about to attempt to make my triple trees and I just want to be sure that I have this right. Can anyone here verify this distance for me? I got 1.378"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I plan on widening my forks a hair and I think as long as I don't change this measurement I should be ok as far as my trail.

I'm having too many net crashes to do the searches, but found handy info using the google search function on 'triple tree offset'. Also, I seem to recall measurements posted in member 'teebs' thread, solving his bent triple tree issue...

Yeah I've tried several things on google but nothing solid. Ill look through Teebs posts thanks.

I set my 75 upper tree in my copier. Copied it off on paper. Drew some lines and from the center line of the tubes back to the centerline of the stem I get about 1 13/16 inches, 1.93 or 50 mm.
One thing, If you widen the trees you will need a longer axle and extra spacers so the wheel will fit.
Leo

Right Leo, I know this is gonna fall under the "building a death trap" but my goal is to use a rear drum rim up front so I'm planing on using the rear axle. I've seen 650 with 16" front wheels so I know it can be done its just a matter of figuring it out.

Back