victorian rego in australia,,,,,,, ripped off big time.....

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys,, look i know its not a xs650.... but its the adopted brother,,,,, his gs1000e , 1980 ............ yesterday i got my new fees for the years rego ,,, its 12months rego... ...... i hope your sitting down,, and maybe even sipping a nice red,,, or bitting the top off a beer,,, anyway i opened the letter and yep, it was my new rego due in june $433 ,,,which made my day i think there is $330 TAC charges ,,then 33 dollars compulory insurance which is the gov. insurance ,, and 45 for rego ...... anyway i,ve had my wimge... i really hope you guys have a better day/week regards oldbiker

What's a TAC charge?
Day-am that's a lot of sheckles.

The Xs's get antique plates now one registration and license good for as long as I own the bike with sales tax it ran me about $120
Each XS I add to my insurance costs me about $50 a year.

Registration/plates.....I pay $15 a year.....on a 2011 BMW......or a 1979 Yamaha....dont matter what kind of bike.

Insurance.....$75 a year for 100/300 limits.

.....you made my day.

Sorry about getting ass raped by the government.

meh, 575 or so a year registration here, 200 or so for antiques (used to be 80, but the bike clubs threw the antique guys under the bus in negotiating with the gov to keep regular plates down). it's well ober a grand if you have a sport bike...

i've got maybe 600$ in the bike, and it will cost that much per year to ride her.....

433 seems like a deal

sigh....

tac is 3rd party insurance.its a no fault personel insurence that started out as a good idea.if you have a accident and its your fault or not/even if your drunk/hit by a drunk you are given top class medical care and rehab for all accident related injurys for the rest of your life.when they first set it up it was as a semigov company with all profits/revinue going back into tac. but when the balance got to high to resist the vic gov helped themselfs to $100 million in 1 hit.its a pity the other states dont do similer instead of treating reg as a cash cow for them and the insurece companys

What's a TAC charge?
Day-am that's a lot of sheckles.

The Xs's get antique plates now one registration and license good for as long as I own the bike with sales tax it ran me about $120
Each XS I add to my insurance costs me about $50 a year.
,,, tac is another part of gov,,, ins.... regards oldbiker

Back