Victory Motorcycles shutting down production

You can add EBR to the shut down list. Three strikes and you are out! Liquid Asset Partners is puling the plug on them.

It's not entirely clear what's going on with EBR at this point. They're "winding down production", but don't appear to actually be closing shop all together. Even Bruce Belfer is posting weird comments about it on facebook... "shit just got real, kids!". Granted I understand this is the 3rd time Buell is dealing with this, and I don't see them ever being able to line up a real dealer network with their reputation for closing up at this point, but they made amazing bikes, and have some incredible engineers on their team. I'm expecting them to keep plugging on, without actually putting out bikes at this point. I think at minimum EBR will continue engineering things and doing work for other companies(like they were for Hero before they screwed them over), and whatever else they can get up to, but it doesn't appear like the doors are shutting quite yet. I'm giving up hopes of Buell running a serious business making legitimate superbikes, but if you know his story(back to when he started making bikes back in the 80s), you'll know he's not giving up. That's not really his style.

As far as the Octane becoming a rare collectable... I highly doubt that. I don't think enough people were that impressed with it, especially not when you can still walk into a dealership and pick up a Scout.

I also could never get past Victorys styling. then I found that Arlan Ness headed up design and it became clear to me why the styling was so far off. Does anyone know if the Slingshot is going to survive? They don't seem to stay on the lot, around here, very long

People who buy Harleys don't want a machine made of plastic. Most people who buy plastic motorcycles don't buy expensive cruisers. Moto Guzzi makes a great cruiser that performs. The fenders and tank are made of plastic. Who's going to buy it?
1Eldorado.jpg

Victory-Vision-Tour-BUB-590x342.jpg

Hi Marty,
bought a '74 R90 BMW a while back and was shocked to discover that it had plastic fenders.
So I suppose that a Guzzi with plastic fenders would be OK too. And you sure the gas tank itself is plastic?
Ain't that gas tank looking thing a glovebox or perhaps faux panels over the real one?
As to who'd buy that Victory, I'd say a giant of a man who couldn't find a scooter to fit him.

Does anyone know if the Slingshot is going to survive? They don't seem to stay on the lot, around here, very long

I'm pretty sure I remember their official statement saying they were closing down Victory to focus on Indian and Slingshot, so they should be safe for now.

I bought a 2010 Victory Vegas 4 years ago with 14,000 kms on it, now it has 127,000 on it...so it gets ridden.
I like the styling of my Vegas as it all flows together nicely.
First time I really rode a big V-twin was the 2000 mile trip home from Melbourne following the coast road, I was very impressed.
However never satisfied with stock machinery I upgraded the intake and tuning, added a pillion seat, backrest and saddlebags.
As well as Burleigh Bars and a few other mods.
Got hit by a Bull Arab which brought me down in second gear (dog was ok)...after repairs bike was tryna jump outta gear so went into a mates engineering shop for a stripdown under insurance to find the problem....unit construction meant total stripdown to repair gears and selector forks.
While it was down I threw some more dollar$ at it myself and bought new Darton sleeves and Wiseco forged pistons to up the cubes from 100 to 109
(1634cc to 1779cc) cos bigger is better, topped off with the biggest cams available Lloydz HOH .495 cams.
Now turning 117 HP / 133 ft/lbs at the back wheel and a best of 12.1@111mph over the 1/4 mile.

Polaris decision to drop Victory in favour of the Indian name sucks in my opinion, but it is what it is and I've got mine so Im happy.
Well was till an old coot did a u-turn over double lines on a bend and clipped me taking out everything down the left side of the bike.
I'm ok my leg survived but my Vegas still await insurance assessment over a month later.
Hence my foray back into XS650 land, was always gonna get another anyway after selling my TX650 and GPZ900R to help buy my Victory.
Victorys a great bike, not to everyones taste, but what is?......

Got an email this morning my insurance company assesor has okayed the repairs!..woohooo!
Still a long wait but....
Curruntly putting around on a Honda C90 of 1980 vintage...
Got two wheels and its fun in a crazy way
20171228_161939.jpg

I bought a 2010 Victory Vegas 4 years ago ...
...I threw some more dollar$ at it ...
...Now turning 117 HP / 133 ft/lbs at the back wheel and a best of 12.1@111mph over the 1/4 mile...

Wow!

...Curruntly putting around on a Honda C90 of 1980 vintage...

Ok, I get it. Entrapment.
Sucker 'em in with the C90, then show up on the Victory...

Victory is a really stupid name -- what does it mean, yay I retired and somehow I can still afford one, or yay, I somehow got enough money together to make them. Either way, it's a Victory! Quite an obstacle really.

Back