VIN/Title check?

Fusion

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm trying to do a VIN history check and only have the 9-digit VIN ('79 SE)

I checked the Model Identification sticky, as well as referring to this information here http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=35708 and even tried to "expand" the 9 digit to a full 17-digit VIN based on the link and run that - as well as a bunch of other stuff.

How should I go about doing a VIN history check when the check sites all seem to want the 17-digit VIN?

I don't know Cal Laws but here on the east cost if you don't have a title with the 9 number Vin your screwed. 17 digit numbers are the only ones in the computer 9 digit numbers were on the micro fich and I had to go threw a title company that charged $150 for a new title. 17 digit you can go to DMV and do lost title still not as easy as it sounds so I now won't buy a bike without a title unless its dirt cheap. Right now the only state that is issuing titles is VERMONT threw a title company.
SORRY

It's OK -- I am merely checking out someone else's XS650, I'm looking to buy it and want to do a VIN history. This is the issue I'm having, I am unable to check a 9 digit VIN history.

He's got a clear CA title so we're good in that dept!

Last edited:
Back